Parenting after a Loss

Sleep/feeding change question

I promise I'm totally not trying to rub anyone the wrong way with this question- but I'm a ftm and legit sorta nervous about this sudden change in LOs sleep/eating habits and just looking to see if anyone has any experience with this to sorta calm the slight worry I can't quite shake. I'll preface by saying I've already got a call into her pediatrician and we go see him anyways on Tuesday for her 2 month checkup.

M hit 8 weeks Thursday. Over the previous few days I can tell she had been coming out of her growth spurt and spreading her feedings closer to 3 hrs apart finally. That very night (thurs) she slept through the night 8.5 hrs, never woke crying to feed. The next night, 10.5 hrs and I actually woke her at 8:30 am. Last night, 9.5 hrs and woke her again at 8:30 am. Since 5 weeks she's been an awful napper. Cat naps 3-5 times a day from 20-40 minutes max usually. Now this am, she's been down for almost 1.5 hrs for her am nap and she should have been up to eat 5 min ago to stay on a 3 hr schedule. But she's still out.

If she stays on this schedule she'll only eat 5, maybe 6 times today before going to bed. I know it is probably super silly to let this worry me. But it does bc it's such a drastic change. No other indications anything is wrong. Happy as a clam other than when she's tired of course. Had a tear free bath this morning. Spitting up some after occasional feeds but not enough to be reflux at all. Doesn't act distressed in any way, not seeming sick, no fever, normal diapers.

I'm sure it's all probably normal and fine and won't last, but call me crazy for thinking it can't be? Sure the pedi is going to laugh when he calls me back ....

Signed,
Crazy ftm
TTCAL & PGAL Welcome
PCOS & TTC #1 since January 2012
BFP 11.16.2012 * Natural MC at 9.5 wks 01.1.2013
TTC again in March 2013
Round 3 of 100mg Clomid + 1500mg Metformin BFP #2 06.14.13
EDD: March 28, 2014  It's a GIRL!
imageimage

Re: Sleep/feeding change question

• km_mdkm_md member
    I'm obviously no doctor but Evelyn has been through some similar stuff. I freaked out the first time she slept 11 hours straight. And she still has days once in a while that she eats less and naps a lot more. Usually it's because of a growth spurt and she goes back to normal in a couple of days. Or sometimes if we are extra busy she needs some more sleep to catch up. I hope that your pediatrician calls back and says everything is fine but I think that since her mood is okay and she is wetting enough diapers and everything it could very well just be a growth spurt.

• I have found LO sometimes has several days in a row where he just wants to sleep all the time and eats much less. We call them 'sleep spurts'. It only usually lasts a few days. My DH swears after this happens that he wakes up smarter. :-P

If baby is growing and happy I wouldn't worry about it. Eventually they do start to eat less and sleep more at night and that's a good thing!

At 3 months, LO started sleeping 6-8 hours at night without eating and at 4 months STTN (bless his heart!) and I remember it being scary. I'd poke him to make sure he was ok. :-P

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies!!! I feel much saner and appreciate the tips!
    TTCAL & PGAL Welcome
    PCOS & TTC #1 since January 2012
    BFP 11.16.2012 * Natural MC at 9.5 wks 01.1.2013
    TTC again in March 2013
    Round 3 of 100mg Clomid + 1500mg Metformin BFP #2 06.14.13
    EDD: March 28, 2014  It's a GIRL!
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"