Working Moms
Options

Tuesday Morning Vents

Hopefully you all enjoyed your long weekends, but if you need to vent, here's the place to do it. 

Mine - I'm officially in the semi-perm uncomfortable stage of pregnancy. And the "practice" labor/BH now occasionally include real cramps - like exactly what I had when in labor with my first. Oy. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tuesday Morning Vents

• Options
    ss265ss265 member

Mine is lame. :)

Waking up to go to work after a long weekend at home sucks! Especially since I went to bed late and my husband decided to move around a lot and woke me up all night long!

On the bright side, I have a short work week since I am taking Friday off for a girls' weekend. I can't wait!

• Options
    @cecilyandgautam‌ - I feel your pain. Why didn't anyone warn me BH contractions are worse after the first pregnancy?? Be sure to sort of time them. I was prob in labor over an hour before I realized it bc I had been having so many BH contractions, I was ignoring them. On the good side, since I curled my hair and put on makeup in preparation to go to work that morning, my post-labor pics are actually pretty flattering! My gripe is that DH is unwilling or unable to hear our newborn at night, so it's been almost a month since I've gotten any decent sleep. And I have a dumb-ass helping cover one of my cases, which is a huge "bet the company" case and she's screwing it up. She isn't my subordinate, so she doesn't pay any attention to my directions. Argh!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mae0111mae0111 member
    @beaubecca - My DH went through something similar.  He was traveling a ton for work (5 days a week for months), and then he'd plan guys weekends - camping, baseball games with overnight stays, etc.

I don't really have any advice to offer you, but you're not alone.  It got bad enough that I found an apartment for DD1 and myself.  I had to tell him that if he didn't figure out a way to be around more, then I'd leave and take DD with me. It didn't immediately sink in.  What did it for him was DD1's change in attitude. She stopped caring about when he came home, and when he left.  She just got used to him being gone.  It rattled him.

I hope it gets better for you.
  • Options
    mlee116mlee116 member
    Y'all are scaring me with the BH talk 

Yesterday we had Memorial Day lunch with my parents and my brother and his gf.  My mom isn't the biggest fan of the gf and also has a weird sense of humor and his gf doesn't get it or like it .  So it made for a very tense, awkward get together.  They had several exchanges that made me just hold my breath.  At one point, my brother jokingly said to her  "I won't make you come again" and she said "Thanks, why don't we just leave now?"  I just looked at DH and said our code word so we could get the hell out of there lol.
  • Options
    My son turned 3 today. Excited for all that lies ahead in this next stage. 

Vents:
    1. People need to quit saying,"You know, 3 is way worse than 2!" Not helpful or encouraging. Some days he was all I could handle at 2, and you're telling me it's just going to get worse?! To the lady who was admiring my son yesterday and told me what a fun age he is, that's what mamas need to hear, not how much worse it's going to be.Hoping I get the opportunity to encourage a frazzled mama in that way soon.

2. My wedding anniversary was Saturday and DS went to stay at his grandma's house overnight Friday night. Awesome, right? Nope--I was sick with bronchitis AND stomach flu all weekend. Horrible. Didn't give DH a kiss, his card, or anything else. I was basically a mess all weekend. Still sick and now DS has my cough on his birthday.
  • Options
    mae0111mae0111 member
    My son turned 3 today. Excited for all that lies ahead in this next stage. 

Vents:
    1. People need to quit saying,"You know, 3 is way worse than 2!" Not helpful or encouraging. Some days he was all I could handle at 2, and you're telling me it's just going to get worse?! To the lady who was admiring my son yesterday and told me what a fun age he is, that's what mamas need to hear, not how much worse it's going to be.Hoping I get the opportunity to encourage a frazzled mama in that way soon.
    You know, if 2 was bad, I'll bet that 3 will be great for you.  2 was a breeze for us, 3 was pretty good, 4 has been extremely challenging. 

I loved 3.  She was old enough to have a conversation, and to do a lot of really fun things.  She was old enough to be SO EXCITED when she found out that she was having a sister.  She was old enough to be a little helpful with DD2, and to understand a bit about what was happening (DD2 is small, needs more help, Mommy/Daddy still love you a ton, but you're bigger now and can do XYZ without help, etc.)
  • Options
    @Mae0111--THAT is encouraging. Thanks! Why do people feel that they have to tell you how bad things are going to get?
  • Options
    K3am said:

Vents:

Could you imagine using this in everyday life? That would get really depressing, really fast.. "You thought Monday's were bad? Just wait for Tuesday, it's even worse!"  
    Some people are a ray of sunshine, aren't they? :)
  • Options

Can I vent that giving up the pacifier this weekend was more heartbreaking than I thought it would be? The desperate pleas were more than I could take. I cried my fair share too in the dark.  But it's done for the most part and I think we are over the hump. And at least I beat my internal time-clock of getting rid of it before 2 years.

Oh man,  my DD turns 2 next week, and my DH is dying to get rid of the binkie.  But I'M not ready!  Weak, I know.  I'm also convinced DD will just substitute her thumb, which won't really solve anything.
  • Options
    DS woke up before 6 AM today, and didn't take a nap before we left for the day. There were tears and backbends when I dropped him off and I feel so bad. I miss him today :(  Thanks, AF, for making me hella emotional today. I needed it :-L

• Options
    ss265ss265 member
    kdc2007 said:
    DD hasn't slept through the night since last week. she's waking up screaming. night terrors? teething? separation anxiety? I have no idea. 
    Has she done this before? I would guess either teething or maybe an ear infection. Anything going on in her life (major milestone, change) that could be causing this?

• Options
    MommyAtty said:
    @cecilyandgautam‌ - I feel your pain. Why didn't anyone warn me BH contractions are worse after the first pregnancy?? Be sure to sort of time them. I was prob in labor over an hour before I realized it bc I had been having so many BH contractions, I was ignoring them. On the good side, since I curled my hair and put on makeup in preparation to go to work that morning, my post-labor pics are actually pretty flattering! My gripe is that DH is unwilling or unable to hear our newborn at night, so it's been almost a month since I've gotten any decent sleep. And I have a dumb-ass helping cover one of my cases, which is a huge "bet the company" case and she's screwing it up. She isn't my subordinate, so she doesn't pay any attention to my directions. Argh!!!
    I would spend every afternoon timing them in that case - every day at 3pm, I get them, usually 3-5 min apart, lasting for 1-4 hours and some nights they don't stop til I take a bath and get in bed. Some days it's the crampy normal kind, other days it's the back labor kind - waves of back pressure every few minutes. So I can actually tell which way baby's butt is pointing based on what kind of practice labor I'm having. Kinda cool, but my back could use a break. 

I'm thinking I might ask my boss if I can shift my hours to be a lot earlier - like come in at 6:30, leave at 3 if I don't have mtgs that day. The early morning insomnia has kicked in (was randomly up from 4-5:30 this morning) so might as well just get up and put in some work before the surges come. I have some research projects on the horizon so that's conducive to odd hour work - fingers crossed. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Today I'm just miserable! And apparently whiny!
    I'm sick, cold flu who knows and between coughing all night, dd waking up 3 times and the dog barking at me for water twice last night I swear I got 45 minutes of total sleep!

On the plus side I'm so happy dd hasn't caught my illness!

On the negative side, DAMN girl your 6 months old,PLEASE start sleeping better!
  • Options
    ss265ss265 member
    kdc2007 said:
    ss265 said:
    kdc2007 said:
    DD hasn't slept through the night since last week. she's waking up screaming. night terrors? teething? separation anxiety? I have no idea. 
    Has she done this before? I would guess either teething or maybe an ear infection. Anything going on in her life (major milestone, change) that could be causing this?
    I think she's trying to figure out how to walk. I don't think it's an ear infection (no temp) and she's not pulling on her ears, which are her usual symptoms. 
    @kdc2007, that sucks! I only asked about ear infections because when DS has one, waking up frequently at night is his only symptom - no fever, no ear tugging, nothing else. I hope that your DD gets over what is bugging her pretty soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"