August 2013 Moms
Options

Hand, foot, mouth disease

My poor little guy has hand, foot, mouth disease. Symptoms started last night with a fever of 104. The doctor said it just has to run it's course and to keep him hydrated. Ugh!! I just feel so helpless, and wish I could make him feel better. He will swallow and then just cry and cry.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Hand, foot, mouth disease

• Options

Poor thing! I hope he feels better soon!

Thank you

• Options
    This is crazy I just logged in to post a question about this we had a case in daycare this week and now little one has broken out with it! Hope your lo feels better soon, doc told me to treat symptoms with Tylenol and let it run it's course about a week or so!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LEMSALEMSA member
    It's contagious so you can get it too. Did they give you magic mouthwash? Prob not bc he's too young to know how to swish and spit it. That will help the sores a little.

Otherwise nothing citric/acidic/strong.

It's really miserable. I'm sorry!
  • Options
    Aw, poor dude. I can't believe we've been lucky enough to avoid it this long between the two boys. I hope he's feeling better super quick! 
             image         image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry, that's awful! Hope your LO gets better soon

• Options
    @Slpafford how is your lo feeling today? My lo is so fussy I just don't know what to do to help him either. His pedi. Just said fluids and Tylenol too but he still seems miserable.
  • Options
    He has been ok for the most part. He has taken a couple good naps today. The doctor said I can take equal parts children's Benadryl and mylanta and use qtips to swab it on the sores in his throat. I haven't done it yet. It's like world war 3 trying to look at this kids tooth. So I have no idea how I would pull off swabbing his throat without him gagging/throwing up on me or without him screaming bloody murder!
    Sorry your little one is sick too! Sucks!!

• Options
    Poor little guy! Hope he feels better soon!
  • Options
    @Slpafford I agree it would b like wrestling an alligator to get his throat swabbed! Good luck, it for sure sucks, I did get lil man to take a couple of bottles today but it wasn't easy. This will pass and they will be getting a stronger immune system.
  • Options
    @Slpafford just something else to try I soaks lil man in warm water and baking soda last night gave him some relief just a thought for your lo if still feeling bad, he's got them on his feet and hands too.
  • Options
    Thank you! How is your little guy doing?

• Options
    He seems to be doing better today, he stayed home with daddy this morning and I left work early today to split the day, he's still fussy at times and you can tell by his red rimmed eyes he still doesn't feel good. How is your lo doing now?
  • Options
    My LO had it a few weeks ago. He was miserable for a few days but it passes. He had some monster blisters, too. I was terrified of them popping and/or getting infected.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"