Educate me please — The Bump
Secondary IF

Educate me please

edited May 2014 in Secondary IF
So my progesterone level on Friday ended up being only .5 - When ovulation occurs or is about to occur, I believe, it should be between 1-3?! I think that is what they said. Anyway, so even with a follicle at 18mm Friday, they told me to do a opk on Saturday, if I got a positive, do the trigger shot, if negative, wait until Sunday and trigger no matter what. At that point my follicle should be even bigger, and the trigger will release it & send me into ovulation. Now, I asked about the progesterone capsules, and she said that if I trigger Sunday, start the progesterone Thursday morning, because we don't want it to kill the sperm. So I trigger Sunday, progesterone on Thursday morning- the egg & the sperm have met up at that point (if they are going to meet up), and it won't disrupt anything?!

Please school me on this...Thanks!

(OPK was negative saturday, so I triggered sunday)

Re: Educate me please

  • The NP at my practice said that with the trigger shot it is 99% sure that you will ovulate within 12-36 hours after trigger.  If you start the progesterone too early it can kill the sperm and delay ovulation.  My first cycle using progesterone my OB just had me use opks and I start the suppositories 3 days after what I thought was ovulation.  Turns out I hadn't O'd, and by the time I ended up in the RE's office I was in the middle of a 56 day cycle and had a 26mm follie!  So as long as you start the progesterone 3+ days after trigger you are all good.  So if you triggered on Sunday, Thursday is fine to start the progesterone.



    imageimageimage
    image
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

    IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  


This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards