Blended Families

Intro

So I'm slowly coming out of lurking around and posting the minimum in responses, and I guess I should go ahead and introduce myself...

I'm in a pretty strange place in that I've been in a relationship with my dh since 2006. We've been married since 2012, and we are expecting our first LO in July! We have full custody of my sd10 soon to be 11. Sd's bm is a long time drug addict and disappeared again after Christmas. Sd hasn't seen or heard from her at all. This isn't the first time bm has disappeared and I'm sure it won't be her last. I try to have the best relationship I can have with my sd- she is super attached to her daddy and doesn't trust women basically ( but who can blame her). She's a great kid but she's also a really hard kid- health issues (horrid bathroom habits) laziness, behavior, and attitude. Almost as if nothing is good enough. It has been a really rough few years-

Now I'm so excited to be a real mommy and to go through this pregnancy- but I also have lots of guilty feelings, because of my excitement and knowing that I know this love for LO is gonna be different than anything else I've ever felt before (please don't flame me for this).

Re: Intro

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"