May 2014 Moms
Options

Jcrewgirl85's Birth Story

***Short Version***

Team Green turned Team Pink! Emerson Ann born vaginally on May 19 at 3:50am weighing 7.48 lbs and measuring 19.5 inches long. We are madly in love with our little girl!

***Long Version***

On May 18 at 40+3 weeks, I woke up to what I thought may be contractions. DH and I started timing them at 9am. We had plans to meet my mom and sister at a market that morning. We took our dog with us and did some shopping and ate lunch. At this point, contractions were every 7-8 minutes lasting between 30-45 seconds. I could easily talk and walk through them. We later went home and I took a nap in case this was the “real deal”…and of course the contractions stopped. When I woke up, DH and I decided to do some more walking. We took our puppy on a 4 mile loop around the house. Contractions came back with a vengeance! By the time we finished the loop, they were coming every 2-3 minutes and lasting around a minute long. At 4pm, we called my OB. He wasn't on call this weekend, but we talked to the OB who was and she was incredibly sweet. I told her my birth plan and at the last appointment, I was already at 3 cm and -1 station. She told me I could come in or labor at home longer since I wanted a natural birth. We called my sister and she came over to stay with our puppy overnight. We left for the hospital at 6:30pm. The car ride was intense. I wasn't even timing them anymore but sitting down with back labor is pure torture.

At 7pm, I was admitted (still at a 3), but with a “high leak”. OB told me to walk the halls and she’d check my progress at 11pm. DH and I walked the halls for two hours (being monitored every hour for 20 minutes). At 9pm, I couldn't walk anymore. The pain was getting unbearable. DH used the tennis-balls-in-sock method to help relieve back pain. I seriously wanted to crawl inside of myself – I was getting nauseous at this point and shaking uncontrollably. At 9:45 pm, DH called the nurse and I asked her to check me. I was at an 8! She seemed shocked that I went so quickly and told me I was feeling nauseous because I was starting transition. I knew I couldn't do the back labor any longer and asked for the epidural. Let me tell you, I felt badly at the time getting it, but looking back I am incredibly thankful I did get it and have zero guilt.

I got the epidural at 10:00 pm. By 10:45 pm, I was at a 10, but didn't feel the need to push. I napped on and off until 2:00am. I told the nurse I felt like I needed to push. DH and the nurse each held a leg and I pushed for almost two hours. She was constantly trying to stretch me out. Pushing was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. DH was amazing and was saying the sweetest things to me throughout the entire process. When she was born, DH said to me “It’s Emerson Ann”! I still can’t believe I have a daughter…it's the craziest feeling to be a Mom. 

I ended up with a 4th degree tear and a laceration to the right side of my lady bits. Recovery from that has been hard, but she makes it worth it. Luckily, breastfeeding has been a breeze which is awesome because it is one last thing I've had to worry about it.

Anyways, without further ado…here is Emerson Ann! 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Jcrewgirl85's Birth Story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"