Baby Showers

When to have a meet the baby party.

This is our 4th child total so we wont be having a baby shower. I really like the idea of a meet the baby party. We don't need anything for the baby but I would love to get all of our friends together. Do we send out invites or informaly call people? When do we have the party? How far in advance should we send out invites?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When to have a meet the baby party.

• My mom is throwing a meet the baby party for us. We're planning to have it when the baby will be about 6 weeks. So she would probably mail out invites 3-4 weeks before so people could RSVP.
  • we combined the invitation with our birth announcements and made it an open house-type party. ?we specified a start and ending time, and people were free to come and go any time during that period. ?i felt great through my pregnancy and within a few days of delivering, so the bean was about a month old when we had it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My oldest DD had her shower (1st baby, only shower) after the baby was born.  He was 3 weeks old.  It went very well.  People were not asking to hold him, etc.  His bassinet was in the room and he was awake during most of it.  She didn't want it much later than that (when he would have been older) because it would be start getting into the winter months.  BTW people loved coming to meet him since they had no idea of the sex.  He got lots of boy things!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"