April 2013 Moms

Must have backyard gear/beach gear?

any suggestions on backyard gear/beach gear for your kids? Any good kiddie pools or sand boxes for the backyard or tents for the beach or good towels for the kids? thanks in advance!

Re: Must have backyard gear/beach gear?

• Ella has a standing sandbox..haven't used it yet! She loves her water table and hooded towels are my favorite ! We haven't gotten a kiddie pool yet but we will be. We are getting a blow up one instead of the plastic kind I think
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    Just broke out the water table this past weekend and it was a big hit!  Unfortunate part is that we don't have a great super-flat spot to stnad it on, so it was a little precarious. Haven't put sand in it yet -- I'm pretty sure he'd just eat it, so we'll see.

We have a little plastic pool that he spent most of yesterday in.  They are on sale for $9.99 at Target right now in the front-of-store aisles with outdoor gear.  WE had an inflatable one last year, but like Knit said above, it developed a hole over the winter (probably because we did a stupid job storing it), and it was a pain to blow up so this year we just went with the cheap one!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have somehow acquired about 8 blow up pools. I haven't even looked at some of them yet. My son loved the water table though we haven't had it out for DD yet.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Any water tables that you all can suggest?
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    We have this one and I'm not in love with it, as the pieces of the "tower" don't seem to stay connected very well.

It was a gift, and it's FINE but if I was going to choose, I'd probably choose something different, and where the tower isn't quite so high - he can't even reach it (and he's TALL).

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    jenbee829 said:
    JSS1002 said:
    We have this one and I'm not in love with it, as the pieces of the "tower" don't seem to stay connected very well.

It was a gift, and it's FINE but if I was going to choose, I'd probably choose something different, and where the tower isn't quite so high - he can't even reach it (and he's TALL).
    We have the same table and I have the same complaints! Emmy just likes splashing in the water though, so I don't think she really cares at this point.
    That's all James likes to do at this point too, so it is fine for now, but once he wants to pour the water down the "chute" I feel like it is just going to tip over a million times!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"