December 2013 Moms
Options

New here/need advice

I'm new to this board and was looking for a little advice
My daughter was born 12/3/13 and just turned 6 months, she is going through some sort of phase where she has stopped sleeping at night, she just cries and rolls around like she can't get comfortable, but sleeps fine during naps during the day, she screams if I even leave the room and she claws at my clothes and hair while I'm holding her like I'm gonna leave, she's never content, she's eating fine and is teething but has been for awhile so that's not new, just needing some advice of ways to soothe her, she won't let me put her down! She's always been easy going but now is quite the handful, she goes for shots Friday just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this phase, thanks sorry it's so long!

Re: New here/need advice

• Options

Is it possible she might be getting overtired at night? I find with my LO when he gets too tired he gets WILD and shrieks and thrashes around. We wrap him in a blanket (sort of semi swaddled to keep his hands from flailing) and shush him in his ear or play music until he settles down. His paci helps calm him too.

It sounds like both our babies may be sort of 'high needs', I've been reading about it, some babies just need more attention and get bored more easily. He used to be more laid back until about a month ago and now he's like 'play with me NOW!' all. the. time.

We spent all weekend taking turns taking him for walks in the stroller which calms him, I guess because of the movement and the fact that there's lots to look at. He likes the store so if all else fails I put him in his sling carrier and we walk around Target. And I spend too much money, but that's another issue.

I hope you can find some strategies that work!

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    Do you co-sleep? That might help you get through this phase.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KFED103KFED103 member
    Babies go through all sorts of phases. Some of them are awesome and some of them suck big time. A lot of times they are inexplicable which is even more frustrating. I like to think that 6 months is such big developmental period that their brains are going a mile a minute absorbing so much information and growing so fast that they don't want to stop!

Hang in there.

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• Options
    I agree with @MrBatesisinnocent also. Not sure if she meant same room or same bed, but you could try one and if that doesn't help, try the other. If you do bed-share, look up some safety guidelines, most are common sense like don't do it if one or both adults are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    Mine was 12/2 so I'm right there with you. The last 4 days her nighttime sleep has gone downhill - but he is in a 6 month growth spurt, cutting teeth and in the middle of a "leap" for wonder weeks. I know it will pass and usually when she has these times it lasts for 1.5 weeks and then tapers out. This coming weekend we will work on sleep training again if it needs to come to that.
    imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

• Options
    She currently sleeps in her crib in our room, I'm not opposed to co sleeping in my bed however my husband takes medication for sleep and I just don't feel it's a safe option for us, I would just end up laying there all night watching the both of them to make sure she's safe, she has been rolling over for a few weeks and is crawling and pulling up on things now too which is just crazy to me! I'm going to try music for sure, we do have a pretty good bedtime routine bath, story (if she'll sit and not grab at the book) she is definitely bored during the day because she just is frustrated she can't get into what she wants! Thanks for the help
  • Options
    stacers33 said:

Mine was 12/2 so I'm right there with you. The last 4 days her nighttime sleep has gone downhill - but he is in a 6 month growth spurt, cutting teeth and in the middle of a "leap" for wonder weeks. I know it will pass and usually when she has these times it lasts for 1.5 weeks and then tapers out. This coming weekend we will work on sleep training again if it needs to come to that.

Thank you, so glad to know!
  • Options
    bay511 said:

This has been Alice from the beginning. Babywearing really helps us, and sometimes if I wear her for a few hours and she gets a good nap in, it makes it easier to put her down for a while. We use a wrap, but about anything would work. The ring sling is great for around the house.

Hugs to everyone with a high-needs baby, not very many people understand just how hard it can be. It's demoralizing when you vent (not here, just in general) and people just say they're spoiled. Hang in there mama!

bay511 said:

This has been Alice from the beginning. Babywearing really helps us, and sometimes if I wear her for a few hours and she gets a good nap in, it makes it easier to put her down for a while. We use a wrap, but about anything would work. The ring sling is great for around the house.

Hugs to everyone with a high-needs baby, not very many people understand just how hard it can be. It's demoralizing when you vent (not here, just in general) and people just say they're spoiled. Hang in there mama!

Yes!!!! Thank you, I've gotten you already spoiled her or she's no nosey!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"