Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Wedding

DD is 2 years old and we will be attending a family member's wedding over a long weekend at the end of June.  We are bringing the PNP and she sleeps well in there.  We will also be staying in the same room at the inn for 3 nights for the wedding extravaganza.  We expect we will be having a good time and her bedtime will be pushed back past her usual 7:30pm.  The question arose: our baby monitor will probably NOT have signal from the bedroom to the reception hall.  We do not have smartphones to set up 'facetime' as a video monitor, although maybe we can borrow a couple from family.  Any other ideas about putting DD to bed, and then continuing to enjoy the wedding party?  Maybe myself or DH will have to retire for the night at that time too... 
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wedding

• Options
    edited May 2014
    You're joking, right?

PP is right - you either keep her up with you at the party or you get a sitter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so baffled by this.  Of course you can't leave her in your hotel room.  I have a smart phone but I wouldn't do that.  That is beyond idiotic.  Lalamama gave you your choices.  Hire a sitter to stay in the room or keep her up.  

FWIW we went to a wedding last month and my 1 and 3 yos had a blast.  At 1130 DH carried DD from the reception as she cried and yelled "I just wanna dance!".  Their bedtime is usually about 8pm.  
  • Options
    I am with everyone else, your idea is bad/idiotic/crazy! It is not safe! Hire an actual babysitter if you really want to stay out late!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hay1122hay1122 member
    Wow, I didn't expect to get quite a reaction.  Maybe you all are picturing something different of a set up for the wedding, like a Hilton, but it's a small Inn.  I wasn't asking about leaving her at bedtime unsupervised!  I always bring our baby monitor when we stay at other people's houses so I can monitor when she's sleeping and I don't know if I can hear her without it.  It's the same situation.  It's like putting the baby down for a nap and then going outside to garden, but having the baby monitor with you.  

It's good to hear replies that say their LO's were able to stay up late for the occasion and continue to have a good time.  I'm hoping that DD will do the same as I would like for her to be up with us.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hay1122 said:
    Wow, I didn't expect to get quite a reaction.  Maybe you all are picturing something different of a set up for the wedding, like a Hilton, but it's a small Inn.  I wasn't asking about leaving her at bedtime unsupervised!  I always bring our baby monitor when we stay at other people's houses so I can monitor when she's sleeping and I don't know if I can hear her without it.  It's the same situation.  It's like putting the baby down for a nap and then going outside to garden, but having the baby monitor with you.  

It's good to hear replies that say their LO's were able to stay up late for the occasion and continue to have a good time.  I'm hoping that DD will do the same as I would like for her to be up with us.  
    ? It's not the same thing at all. You just said you'd be too far away for the monitor to pick up reception. Even if you could, you'd be too distracted at a wedding to properly supervise a baby monitor. It's not like having a drink on the porch. 
    This.  I don't see how these are the same.  Even a small Inn would be have a reception area away from rooms.  It just sounds unsafe.  Either keep her up, or take turns staying with her.  I'm not sure I'd leave my LOs alone in a hotel room long enough to go get ice.  
  • Options
    Bring a nanny to the event OR ask the wedding party to recommend a local sitter OR go to bed with LO OR bring her to the party.  Remember Madeliene McCann?
  • Options
    @hay1122 - if I were you I'd go with your last thought: DH or you will retire for the night. It's not the most fun option but it is the most responsible. If your on the fence about it, 2 words: Madeline McCann. :(
    See if you can get a sitter you trust or see how DD does staying up a bit late.

• Options
    Can you have a family member travel with you (from the side of your family not involved with the wedding)? When a good friend of mine got married my mom traveled with us to the wedding. She entertained DD while we had fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"