Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Nudity around los

When do you/DH plan on stopping being nude around your LOs? Is it different for same/opposite sex parents?

Re: Nudity around los

• ricekezricekez member
    Maybe when DS1 is 3. At some point, he'll stop barging in on me in the shower and be capable of understanding the idea of privacy. I'm thinking that will happen around 3-4 years old and then we can start teaching him about modesty.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hmmm, good question. FTM here and I'm thinking maybe when he's around 1? I already feel awkward with him in the bouncer staring at me while I shower. Good thing he's only 3 months and has no idea what body parts are!
  • Loading the player...
  • KariB509KariB509 member
    edited May 2014
    My DS is 3 and he doesn't even notice. My shower is open and he comes in when I'm showering nearly every morning and never seems to notice that I'm naked. He just turned 3 so I imagine in the next several months he'll start to question things and then it'll be time to cover up.

Eta: I don't want to make nudity a shameful thing though or a huge deal. So we'll see how it pans out.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• My mom and I still pee in front of each other, or use the bathroom while the other is in the shower if we need to...so I guess I grew up in a fairly open house as far as same sex nudity.  I have no problem following this with my child.  I was taught proper modesty in public/with the opposite sex, but family, eh.  Opposite sex I think we started separating around 5 or so.  Although, I don't ever remember seeing my Dad naked, just having baths with my brothers.  That definitely stopped around 4 or 5. 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• cnbeancnbean member
    My SIL is a social worker and what she told me is that girls tend to notice the difference between boys and girls around 2 or so. Boys are a little later on that one. I still shower with my 2 yo son and don't plan on changing that until he acts like he notices a difference. I'm guessing about 3 will be the cut off though. 
    image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"