September 2012 Moms

Memorial Day Monday

Happy Memorial Day!
What is everyone up to today?
We had/have plans to put out garden in, but we woke up to thunder and H is trying to rototill one more time before figuring out what to do. I *really* don't want to get wet and muddy....I mean SOMEONE has to watch the boys.
Going to try and get a pedi and clean up the house bc we are having a low-key cookout with some family.
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Memorial Day Monday

• I'm riding along with DH and mutual friends while they're golfing. I plan on cracking open a redd's apple ale in about 4 minutes. Its noon somewhere, right?
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm willing this baby to come out. We have spent the last two nights at the hospital because of contractions... they're strong, very consistent, and awful for about 3 hours, but then fizzle out. The last 2 babies came naturally at 37 weeks, so although I know I still have 2 weeks left until my dd, I feel like this baby is late, which would be fine except I am insanely uncomfortable. 

Hoping to have some delicious grill food today, and would love to get the kids outside. It's a little cloudy here now though!
  • C and I are on our own, as per usual, so we may head out to a park soon. My husband mentioned he may skip band practice tonight so we can all go to Six Flags Great Adventure, but we'll see. They just auditioned a new guy last week so they may need to practice.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • No holiday for us Canadians (though we did just get one so I'm not complaining). We leave next week to get all the wedding jazz organized so today and the rest of this week will be full of frantically setting stuff up for my research assistants to do while I'm gone.
    It's 8:22am and I'm already looking forward to that after-bedtime beer. Hah
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If the weather is ok today we are going to take an afternoon trek to a local lake. Audrey's favorite new thing is throwing stones into water, so I think she will love the lake. Other than that no plans, hopefully the weather cooperates.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just got back from the splash pad... 74 degrees has never felt so hot! We did a ton of work this weekend so today will be a lazy afternoon other than DH's friend coming over.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm grumpy today. On Friday and Sat I had a garage sale from 7am to 3pm both days. At 4:30 on Saturday after we got the g sale stuff packed up, Dh and I were headed to paint nite, downtown with my parents. (planned for 3 months) We got there and had dinner, and then painted. DH had more fun than he expected to. We had to rush to finish a little early bc we had another event at 9pm 5 min away. It was more of a thing for DH. A gamer invite party thing. Anyways, we went to that and I had an okay time but it was way more his thing. We got home at midnight. LATE for us. 

I got up with DS the next morning and let DH sleep in (which we discussed) and when DH got up he went to go play his video game in his office. He came out for an hour for lunch and to help DS get outta the bath. When DS went to lay down, I did too, as I was EXHAUSTED. DH played his game. DS woke up at 2 and they both came to wake me and DH left to go smoke cigars with friends for the day. He returned around 8:30 last night after DS was in bed.

Today was my day to sleep in and DS kept whining so I asked DH if he wanted me to get him. He said no, but I was already up at that point. I told DH I wanted to go berry picking today as a family, and take DS to our pool at some point. I spent 3 hours this AM trying to find a berry u pick place that was open and finally realized none of them were. I thought...well..lets go to the zoo! DH said sounds good..and I asked if he wanted to go get ready first or I should. He started talking about what we would do for lunch. I explained that we would eat there or pack a lunch bc the zoo is an all day thing, 3 plus hours at least. He wanted to go to this specific burger place for lunch. I told him that we cant leave to zoo after an hour to do that..that maybe we could go tomorrow night for dinner instead. He kept trying to find a way around it..to go to the burger place. I told him to forget the zoo then, and refused to discuss it anymore. DH stormed off saying to go to the zoo with Greylan and he was going to nap. I started crying, and cleaning the house with Greylan. He got up at lunchtime and kind of apologized for "ruining your day"...but insisted that we could have done both. Whatever. I spent my Monday doing what I always do..while you spent it doing what YOU always do. I cleaned and played with our son. You napped and played your video games. 

Sorry for the long rant. I'm fed up. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• miss50miss50 member
    @ShadowsRainFalls‌ URG. My guy always has an own agenda unless I specifically tell him I have plans to do a, then b, followed by C. I feel your frustration.

• We went to a grill out on the lake with friends.  DD1 went swimming in the water and played on the playground there, while DD2 chilled out in the pack n play.  Had to go home early so DH could get sleep to be on course for night shift tomorrow night, so it was naps and grocery shopping in the afternoon.  Pretty laid back day.
  • Watched DH March in a parade this morning followed by a memorial service. We had a birthday party after so we drove around and around so G would get some nap. The party was awful. She was a hot mess. I chased her everywhere in 80 plus degrees full sun. And ya know, fat, so multiple layers. I was getting so cranky. So not enjoyable. She had some sort of reaction to something. Non stop running nose and itchy eyes so I just chased with tissue in hand. Now I am sitting on the couch since I've been on my feet basically all day.
  • We spent the day at one of my favorite parks. We had a picnic lunch, ran around in the grass with our shoes off, then headed over to the farm they have there, and finished up with the playground.

The weather was gorgeous & it was a great day!

(Made up for yesterday, which after a bridal shower, I spent the rest of the day inside by myself while mh took the kids to a bday party!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"