April 2013 Moms

Bladder infection??

I woke up this morning and it was very painful to urinate and even though it felt like I had to go go go barely anything came out.  Sigh. I've never had a bladder infection before but from everything I've ever heard, this sounds like one.  So I called the on-call doc at my OBs office and they called me in an RX... twice a day for a week... anybody know how long approximately until I feel some relief?

:-(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Bladder infection??

• I've only had one but I felt better after about 1 day of antibiotics. Feel better and drink tons of water!!!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    Thanks... As of my last pee, feeling a bit better... Water, all natural cranberry (eww), and two pills so far...

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • love4blove4b member
    edited May 2014
    Natural cranberry juice has helped me every time (but probably stripped off many layers if tooth enamel with all that acid...). Hope you feel better soon!

ETA: I read an article in the NY Times a few days ago about new research that found bacteria in the placenta that helps build a babies gut flora (they used to think the placenta was sterile and babies got all their gut bacteria from mom's vag - apparently not so!) - I don't remember the specifics and I don't have the link at the moment, but if you google it I'm sure it'll come up. As I'm sure you already know, yogurt and kimchi are great probiotics for when you finish your course of antibiotics :)

• They sell something at Walgreens called AZO that provides temporary relief until the infection is gone. Good luck, those are the worst!

Anniversary

• JSS1002JSS1002 member
    Thanks all -- much better today after just one day of abx, yogurt, water, and cranberry. Would you believe I've never had a bladder infection before? I had an asymptomatic uti when I was pregnant with James that gave me contractions but no pain or anything! Ouchie!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • OMG they are the WORST. I used to get them CONSTANTLY when I was younger. Glad you're feeling better!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"