December 2012 Moms
Options

Scraped Knee group

So we've been inducted into the scraped knee group.  Skye took a tumble outside w/dada.  She could have cared less, but he was FREAKING the Frack out!  He came running up the stairs, "she fell, she fell."  I'm thinking she conked her head off the cement, no she had two scraped knees.

My hubs reaction, "She's not walking outside anymore,"  Haha

Re: Scraped Knee group

• Options
    That's something I could hear my DH saying.  Most of the time when Morgan gets hurt he's freaking out more than her, and then that freaks her out!

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    I'm the one that tends to freak out- not that she falls, but that she's going to...DD LOVES to run up and down sidewalks and driveways and other uneven concrete surfaces, and I'm just sure she's going to fall and get wicked road rash on her face

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's not that I'm not afraid of her hurting herself, but it's inevitable.  It's going to happen at some point.  I just hope by the time she's old enough to make her own decisions, she's not those jackasses on Youtube filing themselves jumping off roofs into pools. LOL   
  • Options
    jac409jac409 member
    We've been part if this club since it got warm enough to play outside. I freaked out the first time, but it's going to happen. Go get her some princess or hello kitty band aids, slap one on there and move on. If she does cry, one thing we do that always helps is telling her to "brush it off". We also act like we are brushing something off our arm with the other hand. She makes the motions too, which is a great distraction. She quits crying within about thirty seconds every time.
  • Options
    When dd fell dh blamed sesame place for having rough concrete lol. I'm was like do u hear yourself, u sound ridiculous. It's bound to happen, just sucks because I know when I skinned my knee a few times as an adult it really hurt and was sore a few days. Also as soon as it heals, they will do it again

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We joined that club last night. We were at a carnival with DD...she was chasing a ball on the sidewalk and fell. Got right back up and keep running. Skinned up knees and everything but it didn't seem to bother her. So proud!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"