March 2014 Moms
Options

B*fest ( because it is Monday )

Let's hear those Bitches !!!

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: B*fest ( because it is Monday )

• Options
    I'll start ...

I go back to work tomorrow after 10 wonderful but VERY short weeks :(

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    DH's parents invited themselves over for a cookout tonight. Instead of staying home and helping me get ready, DH is down at the garden cutting the field (which will take over half the day) and left me with both kids. I looked at him as he was walking out the door and said that I wasn't cleaning a darn thing until he was back to help. I really wish I would stick to this threat but I have to have a spotless house whenever anyone comes over.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Momackf‌ - Wow, I'm shocked those ladies said that. I never look at children and wonder that first.
  • Options
    I have to goto the grocery store because we have no potato chips :( its going to be crazy!
  • Options
    We have starling birds living under our eaves near the chimney :( The pest company wants $300 minimum to take out their nest.
  • Options
    The neighbor decided last night at 9:30 was the perfect time to fire up his semi and leave it idling for an hour before shutting it back off.  Scared the crap out of my sleeping toddler, who would then not go back to sleep for 2 hours and then only bc I stayed in her room with her.  She woke up crying and scared several times through the night and I gave up and let her get up before 6 and watch Tinker Bell.  Now, we have a grouchy toddler who is way louder than normal and keeps waking up the LO.  He also fired up his semi to leave it idling and wake everyone at 4am last Sat...

I think our new neighbor will soon know me as the crazy lady who runs outside and yells incoherent things at him (haven't yet, but next time is not guaranteed that I will maintain my composure...)
  • Options
    I really can't stand social climbers. I feel like the rich keep getting richer and well...you know the rest. How can one be so greedy knowing how the rest of the world lives? Not just third world countries, but their fellow neighbors? I have an especially strong hatred for moms who stay at home and yet who still have a nanny. You know, to get their nails done and to work out. Ugh. :-w
  • Options

I don't fit into any of my clothes and I still didn't get my friggen money from the state yet. Going on over 2 months now. I really need to go get myself some things to wear for the summer because I feel horrible. DH doesn't quite understand and every time I ask he tells me I have enough to wear. 

@addisonsmom22‌ I am so with you here! MH tells me the exact same thing constantly after I bitch and whine about my lack of "cool" clothes. But I have no problem buying the kids stuff and he has no problem going golfing...oye
    :-?
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Damn birds have pooped all over everyone of my patio chairs and I don't just mean one or two spots I'm taking 5-15 spots on each. Disgusting birds poop somewhere else..... I don't have time to clean chairs everyday with 3 kids
  • Options

Same here @babycaps‌ ... I might be one of those who holds onto weight while BFing.

Me too. :-((
    Me three :((
  • Options
    My H was in Tampa for his brother's bachelor party. He says he didn't have a very good time but let's face it, he was in Florida at the beach and I was at home by myself with two kids. Who do you think had more fun? The one who didn't have to deal with two kids and got a peaceful vacation, or me?
    Also, in 2 weeks he's going to Europe for a week. It's a business trip but still. I never get any kind of break.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    While I'm flattered that DS loves me and knows who I am now, I'm getting pretty tired of being the only one able to soothe him and get him down for a nap!! No one else (on talking grand parents, my sister and DH) will be patient enough, or listen to me when I tell them he needs to go down for a nap!! When I tell you it's time to start putting him down, that doesn't mean keep playing with him!!

By that point he's beyond tired, and fights it!! I either spend over 30 minutes (at least) getting him calmed down, or I have to resort to nursing him.
    It's so frustrating!!!
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options

I really can't stand social climbers. I feel like the rich keep getting richer and well...you know the rest. How can one be so greedy knowing how the rest of the world lives? Not just third world countries, but their fellow neighbors? I have an especially strong hatred for moms who stay at home and yet who still have a nanny. You know, to get their nails done and to work out. Ugh. :-w

Well I'm guessing you'd be pretty pissed if you went to the nail salon to treat yourself to a relaxing mani-pedi with your hard earned money and someone brought their kids with them. Are SAHM just supposed to stay locked in the house and never go anywhere? 

@YankeePeach08‌ I'm talking sahms who have full time ones...like all the time. They're all over where I live...think Beverly Hills. Of course we should all have help...whenever we need it. I'm just saying...aren't you at home to be with your children? You, not you, just in general. Not at all judging if you want/need to go out without them, as we all love and need that and that wasn't my point at all. Think Real Housewives type of stuff....that's what I'm talking about that I find to be annoying.
  • Options
    Oh I need this today.

So as you may remember our cousin who offered to watch Sloan so we canceled our daycare spot said after three weeks she couldn't anymore because Sloan just required to much attention. She said she'd watch until we found another sitter.

Well she sent everything home with my husband last week even though I said we might still need her this week. Ok fine we have a sitter tentively starting this week. Well the new sitter had to leave state for a family death so can't watch tomorrow.

We ask our cousin last night and she said yes. Then today texts and days she can't.

Yes I'm frustrated that she can't but bit her fault. bUT don't keep saying you will do something then canceling last min. This is now three times you've left us hanging. We don't want our relationship with them to get hurt through all this . Guess we will never ask them again. :/
  • Options
    @KariB509‌ - I understand the traveling hubby thing. James was I think 6 weeks when DH went to Key West for his sister's wedding for 4 days and left me with a 2-year-old and a newborn. I did tell him to go and I had no interest in taking the kids since it was just a long weekend and James had no real schedule, but it was so frustrating to imagine him in Key West while I was stuck with the kids on my own. Like always.
  • Options
    @Laura8388‌ unless it was a deer tick or blacklegged tick he can't have Lyme. They're the only kind that carry it. Did you save the tick? That's the best way to avoid testing! :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH threw a hissy fit yesterday when I left him with LO and "took too long" to go to the store to get the rest of the things needed for our cookout. Then said he was going golfing today (which would be at least a 4 hr event). So after I pointed out the fact that he can come and go as he pleases but I get the third degree for just going to the store for longer than he thinks is necessary he got all pissy and somehow accused me of saying he was a bad dad. Lol. I told him to get his panties on straight and that I wasn't even entertaining his whine-fest. But seriously... How annoying!!!
  • Options
    We were supposed to give Isla a bath tonight (we do it every other night and she loves it). But DH's computer broke and he has it torn apart right where we bathe her. So no bath :(

Plus my BIL is coming over to help him fix it. I don't want anyone over at night. Isla and I are closed in the bedroom.

imageimage

• Options
    My bleeding had finally stoppedjuat after 6 weeks PP so I thought it was mostly done except for maybe some spotting... then starts up again hard core 3 days later. I am SO over it! I am still getting discomfort and pain, but my MW doesn't seem concerned. Plus, we still haven't had pp sex!

Shit is weak.
    textimage

• Options
    LittlePigeonLittlePigeon member
    edited May 2014
    Also, my poor pup has either a liver shunt or lupus. The testing is invasive and since his health isn't great we don't want to risk it because there is no cure for either option. Neither ailment you can really do much for aside from managing the symptoms, which we are currently doing. It sucks and makes me sad. He isn't in pain, but he isn't himself really either. I hate this part of being a pet owner.
    textimage

• Options
    My hatred of auto-flushing toilets has risen to a new level. With my postpartum body, apparently I can no longer stop my pee midstream. So when that toilet flushes as I'm peeing, and I try to stop and stand up to avoid getting splashed like I used to.... Yeah. Not a pretty picture. Damn toilets!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Laura8388 said:

Also, my poor pup has either a liver shunt or lupus. The testing is invasive and since his health isn't great we don't want to risk it because there is no cure for either option. Neither ailment you can really do much for aside from managing the symptoms, which we are currently doing. It sucks and makes me sad. He isn't in pain, but he isn't himself really either. I hate this part of being a pet owner.

I'm sorry to read this :( I read somewhere "no matter how many long and happy years your dog gives you, you know that one day, the day he dies, your dog will break your heart". So true :(
    So true! The day we got him my now FIL said, "This little boy is going to break your heart some day" and even at the time I knew he was right. I am trying to treasure cuddling with him and not lose patience when he has accidents in the house all day. Realistically he could live a few months or a few years pretty comfortably just depending on how things progress. He is such a good dog, the sweetest I have ever had and so gentle. Just tears me up inside thinking about him being gone!
    textimage

• Options
    WoodShopGirlWoodShopGirl member
    edited May 2014
    I think my inner bitch thinks it is Monday because this made me side eye a little.

If only we all had to have spotless houses with ~2-3 month olds.

Edit: and evidently TB disagrees since I can't seem to quote correctly

• Options

I know it isn't Monday anymore, but I need to vent. After dh and I being alone with the baby for over a week straight, when lo was super fussy sunday we asked my mom to come help us. I meant come for a few hours then go home, but she stayed until this evening. This should have been super helpful, as it meant I didn't have to take LO to the sitter today. No huh uh. I left previously frozen milk on Monday while I was at work and there was one bag (5 oz) left, which was good because I was short by about that much after what I pumped during my shift. I texted my mom AND spoke with her on the phone saying to try to use that milk first (smell test before offering) and IF she needed it to get more milk from the freezer. She didn't use the 5oz AND she got more milk out of the freezer, which will be more than 24 hours til lo goes to the sitter tomorrow.

Andplusalso, DH said we were a perfect match and she made big eyes at him like he was crazy, but stopped short of actually saying she didn't think we were a perfect match. She said "I think you're perfect for her...." So wonderful. And after I hadn't seen lo all day, she and her boyfriend (who she invited down to stay last night without asking me or DH first) and me and lo went to eat dinner and she kept trying to take him from me. WTF I'm not struggling, I can hold him and snuggle him and eat my dinner at the same time. Get off me. ANNND I had to return our rental car we used for vacation so I asked her to get lo in his carseat and SHE could follow me in my car. She had her boyfriend drive MY car, again without asking. And he drives SOOOO. Freaking. Slow. So while I was trying to hurry to get the car turned in on time, I had to worry about whether he was keeping up with me, plus he had my baby in his car (because the base was in my car and I thought my mom was driving). It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Thanks for letting me vent ladies.

• Options
    mrsdahamm said:

I know it isn't Monday anymore, but I need to vent. After dh and I being alone with the baby for over a week straight, when lo was super fussy sunday we asked my mom to come help us. I meant come for a few hours then go home, but she stayed until this evening. This should have been super helpful, as it meant I didn't have to take LO to the sitter today. No huh uh. I left previously frozen milk on Monday while I was at work and there was one bag (5 oz) left, which was good because I was short by about that much after what I pumped during my shift. I texted my mom AND spoke with her on the phone saying to try to use that milk first (smell test before offering) and IF she needed it to get more milk from the freezer. She didn't use the 5oz AND she got more milk out of the freezer, which will be more than 24 hours til lo goes to the sitter tomorrow.

Andplusalso, DH said we were a perfect match and she made big eyes at him like he was crazy, but stopped short of actually saying she didn't think we were a perfect match. She said "I think you're perfect for her...." So wonderful. And after I hadn't seen lo all day, she and her boyfriend (who she invited down to stay last night without asking me or DH first) and me and lo went to eat dinner and she kept trying to take him from me. WTF I'm not struggling, I can hold him and snuggle him and eat my dinner at the same time. Get off me. ANNND I had to return our rental car we used for vacation so I asked her to get lo in his carseat and SHE could follow me in my car. She had her boyfriend drive MY car, again without asking. And he drives SOOOO. Freaking. Slow. So while I was trying to hurry to get the car turned in on time, I had to worry about whether he was keeping up with me, plus he had my baby in his car (because the base was in my car and I thought my mom was driving). It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Thanks for letting me vent ladies.

@mrsdahamm‌
    Gurl!!! You gotta learn to speak up!!
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"