Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Saying NO to everything, screaming, etc. I need suggestions

My son is about to turn 4 and I have been struggling with behaviors. When I ask him to do something he says no, he says no to everything and I can't seem to get him to stop. He screams anytime I tell him to do something or redirect him. and He is usually screaming NO. He has been driving me and everyone else crazy with his really difficult behavior. I know alot of this is the age, but what do you all do for discipline. I have tried sending him to room for time out and that doesn't help much, I try redirection and that doesn't work either. I give him a ton of positive reinforcement, but to no avail, I am stuck, what do you do?TIA

Re: Saying NO to everything, screaming, etc. I need suggestions

• Options
    QE2QE2 member
    My son, who is 2, also does this along with many other negative behaviors. He sees a developmental interventionist for speech delays and behavior modification. His therapist says it's attention seeking and suggested we ignore him when he does it. Although he does still say it from time to time, it has definitely decreased.  Good luck!
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I guess I will try to ignore it thing, because I do agree alot seems to be attention seeking, whether it be positive or negative attention. Thanks QE2

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"