Stay at Home Moms
Options

Bloody Nose

Bensmom13Bensmom13 member
edited May 2014 in Stay at Home Moms
My 14 month old woke up his blood on his sheet and crusty dried blood in both sides of his nose this morning.

It IS pretty dry in our house and he has a bit of a cold. I didn't have his humidifier on the last couple nights. Do I just watch him today and run it tonight and see what happens? He's never had one before..

Re: Bloody Nose

• Options
    He will be fine DS has gotten them weekly since about 9 months. Some kids are more likely to get them. The humidifier might help many Dr will recommend it however it doesn't help for us.
  • Options
    My oldest has them so bad, the pedi wants to cauterize the inside of his nose. They've been going on for years. But they aren't harmful, just a PITA. We've found a couple tricks to deal with them, in the meantime we're just trying to ride it out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it's just a once in a while thing, no biggie. DD gets them occasionally, only ever at night and only ever on her damn light up pillow. Then I have to clean the freaking thing.
  • Options
    This stuff has helped a lot. We swab it in DS's nose morning and night with a q-tip, in addition to using a humidifier.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/ayr-saline-nasal-gel/ID=prod4998-product
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I thought he's fine but my husband is a big worrier!

He's been fine all day! Guess I just get the pleasure of trying to get the blood out of his sheet today!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"