14. @byrrd: Nov 3 singleton
15. @Mazere: Nov 25 singleton
16. @rkbo: Dec 10 singleton
17. @doodah1013 & @firstcomeslove2013: Dec 12 singleton
18. @RobertJane33: Jan 8 twins
19. @twobrooklynmoms: Jan 10 singleton
20. @jjlvscg: Jan 10 singleton
21. @cageymack: Jan 22

If you have a recent BFP (and/or if you are new to the board), and you would like to be added to this list, please just let me know your EDD and other info if available! I think I have added all the people who asked to be added last week… I hope! Thanks :)

So how is everyone doing/feeling? How is pregnancy treating you and/or your partner this week? Any updates to share?

QOTW: What is a favorite children's book and/or toy from your own childhood that you look forward to introducing your future LO(s) to?

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Pregnancy Check-in (May 26)

• KH826KH826 member
    39 weeks tomorrow.

Still pregnant.
    At my OB appointment last Wednesday I was not dilated, but almost completely effaced. My Dr. said all that was left of my cervix was a "light little cap covering baby's head" haha - interesting visual! She said that explain all the cramping and light spotting I have had -- it was my cervix totally thinning out.
    Baby also dropped prior to my last appointment, and her head was engaged in my pelvis, so we think (*hope*) she won't be able to flip again since she is already "locked and loaded" so to speak.
    So, with all that said, we just wait for labor now. I know many first babies are often late, so I shouldn't be so anxious, but I have been feeling pre-labor/early labor pains for over a week (which I know is also not uncommon), but it does make it a little hard to just relax and enjoy what could be weeks more of pregnancy! I am going to be honest, I am no longer enjoying Haha!
    I have frequent (sometimes constant) cramping, significant back pain, BH contractions that I suspect are actually early "real deal" contractions because they are sometimes time-able (every 10 min for an hour then they stop. My newest thing since yesterday is very sore achy legs. Feels like I just got off the treadmill after a long hard workout.
    Anywho, next OB appointment is tomorrow afternoon. It is with another Dr. in the practice I have never met before because my Dr. is on vacation this week (great timing). I am keeping my fingers crossed for dilation tomorrow. I just want to see some progress!

QOTW: We already have quite the library for baby, and I am excited about that! I had a small early adulthood obsession with the Harry Potter series (please don't judge!), so I look forward to reading those to her when she gets a little older. In terms of toys, I really loved anything arts and crafts related as a kid. I'm not a crafty adult, but my wife is super crafty. I am looking forward to rainy days with family craft projects! :)

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • ManadaManada member
    We aren't doing so hot here. We spent Friday in L&D after a bleed with a shortening and opening cervix and have been on bedrest since. Our appt is tomorrow with the MFM so hopefully we will get some answers and a plan we feel a bit more confidence in, whether that be a cerclage or progesterone or something else.

We have been laying low though because we don't want to worry our families until we get a sense of which way it's going. 44 days until the Rockies are viable - the countdown is on.

So that has been cruddy and a nightmare.

It looks as though I won't be going back to work full-time, and possibly not at all - and that's a whole other issue in itself... I really wasn't prepared for going off this early at all.

H will update herself, but she is home now and is housebound with me... She is doing everything while we try to figure it out, and while we wait and try not to freak out.

QOTW: we have been reading "the little engine that could" lately, mostly to tell them to keep going while we sort this out. I loved the Robert Munsch books as a kid and they lend themselves well to bein read aloud, so I am hopeful we will get the chance to do that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Loading the player...
  • KH826KH826 member
    @Manada - I am so sorry to hear that you and @healz413 are going through this. It must be beyond scary. Please update us after your appointment tomorrow. I will be thinking about the 4 of you. Sending big hugs your way!

• 2momsinCA2momsinCA member
    edited May 2014
    @Manada‌ oh no! I'm so sorry to read this! I will be hoping for good, reassuring news from your MFM appt tomorrow. It's amazing and totally frightening how quickly things can change in a multiple pregnancy or in pregnancy in general. I will be thinking big positive thoughts for you and keeping my fingers crossed that this experience passes quickly. Many women have long, uneventful pregnancies after a cerclage if you do have to get that done.

@kh826 seems like it could be any day now! Are you working from home? I'm glad baby girl is head down and ready for what will hopefully be a nice smooth birth.

I am 27w5d and no big news.

I did all my "28 week" blood work last week and it looks like I don't have GD but I'm anemic. This despite taking extra iron (food-based supplement by New Chapter- maybe this isn't strong enough?) in addition to my already iron heavy prenatal for the last 6 months. However, I have been taking my prenatal with milk and I now know that milk prevents iron absorption. I stopped doing that and now I'm constipated- the unpleasant evidence that iron is being absorbed, I think.

Tomorrow is my last day of work before going out on leave. It's hard to wrap my head around that. I feel fine but every time I drive (and work is 24 miles away) I feel like I really should not be doing this, my belly is too big and the pressure is awful. I get cramps, back pain, gall bladder pain, dizzy, and become overall miserable. And I've run out of work I can do from home.

My cousin had her baby. She was 38 weeks and her baby was 8lbs5oz and this was her first. She was in active labor for a grand total of 2 hours (got to the hospital and was already dilated to 8, baby popped out 45 mins later) and prelabor for about 8 hours at home with some cramping. I feel extremely envious of this experience since there is absolutely no way I could hope for such a thing. We went over to her house to see the baby and it motivated us to get a move on and finish up the nursery and clear even more clutter out of our place. We worked on it all day yesterday and we are happy with the results. We have few more things to buy (standing lamp, toy/storage bench, and glider) but then it's all done. Also holding the baby got us both excited to hold our own two in a couple months.

QOTD: I definitely cannot wait to read the boys Harry Potter, k and I are both big fans and hope the boys will be too. As for little kid books- we love Paddington Bear and Corduroy, we both must have a thing for bears. However, I honestly can't wait to go to the library and see what books they pick out that we can read to them.

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• Oh @Manada and @healz413 -- I'm so sorry things are scary right now.  I hope the MFM is able to successfully take control of the situation and keep those babies locked down until they are good and ripe!

@KH826, yesterday my prenatal yoga teacher said to us, "The problem with the last two weeks of pregnancy is that you don't know which weeks they are."  Amen.

I am 33w1d today.  I have read that Mr. Baby is supposed to be slowing down but nope!  He is as active as ever.  Yesterday his foot (I think/hope) made it up to my rib for the first time...otherwise most movement is lower down.  I feel OK.  Carpal tunnel continues to cause soreness/frustration and after seeing some initial improvement with the brace, now I am not so sure it is helping that much.  My wife said this morning, "Is there anything they can do to make it better?" and I said, "Yeah -- they can deliver the baby."  Of course no one is delivering a baby before he's ready because of carpal tunnel!  Fortunately the rest of my body feels OK.  I got nice and stretched out at prenatal yoga yesterday after a couple weeks break, and took a long walk with a friend, which was tiring but good.  I think I am starting to get a little waddle but that is not surprising.

Had an uneventful OB appointment last week.  I had gained 6 lbs (in 3 weeks) but my OB was OK with it, my overall weight gain being still in the range she is hoping for.  I had been slipping a little on the healthy eating so I am trying to be better about that and about my daily walks.  So far, so good.

We drive down to NJ on Friday for our first (of two) big family baby showers.  I am looking forward to it (not the drive but the weekend) but also feeling a little overwhelmed.  And I'm still stressed out about the state of our nursery, but the painter is supposed to come on Wednesday.

QOTW: I love and always loved reading, and I spent a lot of time in the children's room of our local public library with my mom when I was a kid.  I am now a librarian, so I am really looking forward to introducing Mr. Baby to books and reading in general, and to starting him early as a library user.  The library one town over was recently beautifully renovated, and we can use it because it's part of the same library system as our town.  It's also about as close to our house as our own town's library is.  I think we are going to spend a lot of time there!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ManadaManada member
    @2momsinCA‌ - I am also chronically anemic... Did they check your b12 levels too? Low-b12 can also impact your iron levels. Sometimes it's just genetic, I was talking to my grandma last week and she said that everyone on that side of the family gets a monthly B12 shot and has to take iron.... Delicate genes I guess.

@KH826‌ You're so close! Good luck for the next week! Hopefully everything goes smoothly in these last few days/weeks.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. We will definitely update after tomorrow. It's scary, and sucks. But we are trying not to get too down and stay distracted while we wait... The Rockies looked great on Friday so we are hopeful my body cooperates and gives them a chance.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Just popping in to say to @Manada and @healz413‌ that I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. I will be thinking of you all. I hope that you are able to have a good plan that will result in an uneventful pregnancy from this point forward.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• @manada and @healz413:def keep us updated.  I will send lots of positive thoughts your way.

I will be 26 weeks tomorrow and it seems to be going faster as time goes on.  I love feeling her kick all the time.  I am having lower back pain still, now its across my back instead of just the one side.  I wake up each morning and its hard to get out of bed, I know that it is only going to get worse so I try and keep it all in perspective.  TMI alert :-) I am so not excited to admit I have hemorrhoids, ugh.  I am not surprised since I have had constipation issues almost my entire pregnancy.  Not the end of the world, just a bump in the road (the pun intended, haha)

QOTD:  We have collected books and are always looking for more.  I don't have any specific favorites, right now my wife does storytime at bedtime with the girls.  She enjoys the special time with them and it gives me a little bit of a break.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Thank you all. It is scary and sucky. We are trying to keep ourselves distracted until tomorrow's appointment.

Friday morning Amanda woke up at 5:00am bleeding. We paged our midwife who said she'd meet us at obstetrical triage (labor and delivery). This was really valuable because befor 20 or even 22 weeks they typically send folks to the ER. We met our midwife at the OB triage by 5:45 and she got her Doppler out and could hear at least one heartbeat and thought she could hear the second one (it was close to the first, so could have been the second). About an hour later (?) the on call OB showed up with a portable ultrasound machine and was able to show us both heartbeats and both babies moving. She determined the bleeding was not caused by placenta previa but could nt determine what it was caused by from that portable machine.
    The ultrasound place on the labor and delivery floor opened at 8 so our midwife called the ultrasound place right at 8. They got us in about 11:15am. Again both babies were looking great. They did transvaginal and abdominal. They took cervix measurements but I missed this.

We went to the waiting room to make sure the OB didn't need to see us again before we left. Our midwife had requested a verbal report from them after the ultrasound so our plan had been to go home to bedrest and wait for our midwife's call to see if they'd determined the cause of bleeding. (We were really hoping for SCH instead of placenta abruption.) After waiting for about half an hour we hear from our midwife that she wants us to stay and talk to the OB. I said "that doesn't sound good" and she told me that the transvaginal ultrasound had shown that the cevix was "a bit short and a bit open".
    We then proceeded to wait for 2 horrible hours to meet with the OB to find out just how short and how open the cervix was. (A cervix should be neither short nor open at 17 weeks).
    Finally we saw the OB and he said that at its longest point during the scan the cervix was measuring 2cm and that at one point it opened .5cm (I think was how much it was) and then closed again. He talked to us about the pros and cons of progesterone and cerclage (cervical stitch) and then went to talk to the OB in charge about what their recommendation would be for that. We waited about 30 min for him to come back. We debated our options while he was gone and were freaking out because we didn't want to lose the Rockies but didn't know what to decide. Neither progesterone nor cerclage is shown to be effective with twins and cerclage can lead to uterine contractions.
    The OBs ended up recommending that we wait until our already scheduled appointment with the high risk twins specialist (the MFM). At that point we would know if the bleeding stopped, continued, or came back, and if there was any change in cervix length. They said that there was nothing they could do that day that would make a difference before the next appointment anyway.
    We agreed to do the "watch, wait, and see."
    After 9.5 hours at the hospital we headed home. The bleeding stopped that night with only dark/old blood after that and decreasing amounts of it.
    So far there have been no further problems and we are hoping that we are among the lucky ones who can take a pregnancy to viability (or preferably much longer) with a short cervix.
    I was supposed to be a conference this weekend but didn't go both so that I could help M while she's on bedrest and because if there was another emergency, I didn't want to be 2.5 hours away.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • JazibelJazibel member
    @manada & @healz413‌ - just popping over to say that you'll be in my thoughts. I hope the appointment with the MFM leads to some answers and a solution for you and your Rockies. Here's to a healthy (and uneventful rest of your pregnancy). Hugs!!
  • @manada & @healz413 I have done a ton of research on all of this after Brynlee and have read positive things about taking magnesium supplements because it helps relax your uterus (also great to take right before bed it helps you sleep)  drink tons of water too.  Avoid eating pineapple and increase the amount of vitamin C you intake.  It is scary but the doctors noticed you have a shorten cervix and now can do everything in there power to keep both babies in there as long as possible.  All four of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• CageyMackCageyMack member
    edited May 2014
    @Manada & @healz413: Thinking of you all during this time; it must be so scary.  We are all with you in spirit.

We are just waiting until June 2nd for the first ultrasound.  I feel held back until I see a little heartbeat.  It is such a perilous journey.  

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Hello Everyone!

Not much to report here.  After the midwives noticed I had lost some weight at our last appointment, they put me on anti-nausea meds and that has made me feel like a real person again!  The only problem is it can make me sleepy, and it is kind of a gamble, because I can either be puking, or sleeping.  I am constantly doing risk benefit analysis!

Other than that, we got to hear the heartbeat and that was amazing...  I just couldn't believe it.  It was just unreal... and amazing and perfect.

As we get close to being out of the first tri (what?!?) we are slowing telling friends and family... and that has come with some totally unsolicited advice.... its like everyone has something to tell you to do or not do and that has been a bit annoying. We have been told a lot about what colors we can put our kids in if they are boys or girls, and that we should definitely find out the sex, and that we shouldn't name the baby this or that, and that we are going to be sorry when we can't give the baby back.

The worst however what that we were talking about how I was going to have to share my birthday with the baby... and I was getting a little teased about how sensitive I am about having a birthday in December... which I am, because no one has ever really paid attention to it...  and then someone said, well at least the baby won't be born in September because there is no WAY that @firstcomeslove2013 would share her birth month with a baby...  Which was really sad for us, because we were supposed to have out loss baby in September.  And the person who said that knows we were supposed to have a baby in September.  I know it was a joke, but the whole conversation just seemed really unsupportive.  After what we went through to get this baby, there is nothing more I would love for my birthday than to share it with the most important gift of all time.  And at least for one year, people can't take away our celebration... Christmas or not.  People just don't get it...  Makes me so frustrated.

QOTD:  I had an Aunt who passed away when I was in Elementary school who I adored.  She had memorized all the Dr. Seuss books and would recite them for us at the drop of a hat.  I can't wait to pass on Dr. Seuss to my kiddos.  The Lorax is a favorite, along with Oh The Places You'll Go, and The Starbelly Sneeches.

This week A and I plan to go to the library to get some books for her to read to the Squints!  We are pretty excited.

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• KH826KH826 member
    @doodah1013 - have you heard of the book "oh the places you will go in utero" -- it's a take on the Dr. Suess book, but is specifically written to be read to the belly! We have it, and my wife likes to read it to our LO :)

• @manada and @healz413 How scary, I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow and the MFM has some experience to come to the best plan of action. I am hoping it was a random event and the rockies grow and thrive until they are ready to come out. 

@doodah1013 Ugh, how frustrating. We have received a bit of unsolicited and unwelcomed advice, but nothing like that. I'm really sorry. I always think I need to come up with awesome things to say in response, but I'm too slow. My stepmom always said to just say "you get/got to raise your kid(s) the way you want to and I get to raise mine how I want to." or something like that. 

33w3d over here. It's barely still monday on the westcoast :)  

We had an u/s to check on the previa on Friday and met with the MFM afterward. It was disappointing. My placenta hasn't moved much at all, maybe 1/2 cm. It's still has a "tail" that is covering the cervix by just under a cm. We talked with the MFM about the plan now and it's pretty certain we'll have a c section at 37 weeks (as long as there continues to be no bleeding), which will be around June 19th. Less than 4 weeks away, ahh! Our midwife is in Kenya right now so we will coordinate their schedules and set up the c section when she gets back on the 1st. The MFM suggested one more u/s on the 9th to make sure, which kind of surprised me, it seems like a lost cause at this point. I'm pretty bummed. I am very grateful that we have a healthy baby and have avoided the bleeding and bedrest very common for complete placenta previa, but I'm definitely mourning the loss of the experience of labor and birth, am scared about the surgery and worry about breastfeeding. This will be my only pregnancy so I'm trying to just accept it for what it is and be grateful that everything was gone better than expected though. 

Otherwise, I'm still having braxton hicks contractions very regularly, sometimes every 2-3 minutes, sometimes 5-10. They are getting more uncomfortable but not quite painful yet. Baby is moving around a ton, right now my belly looks like it's doing the wave. I should take a video. I have to pee all the time. Our daily walk was pretty hard today and I was moving pretty slow. My wife and pups are so great for adjusting for me :)

QOTW: I love books and reading. I'm trying to think of a favorite, but I don't think I ever really had just one. We would go to the library and get stacks and stacks of books every time. So, I guess to just foster a love for reading with Bubbles and am excited to see what kinds of things he likes to read and have read to him. 

• CageyMackCageyMack member
    edited May 2014
    doodah1013--I suffered a miscarriage before the birth of DD.  It was a missed mc, so I didn't know until I was 12 weeks along.  I was terribly sad about it.  DD was born in Dec, right around Christmas and I'm sure you know the number of times I heard about how awful it was to be born then.  All I could think then, and now, is, "how lucky to be born at all." 

DD seems fine with her birthday, grouses a little sometimes, but we get by.  I wish you love and strength handling the current silly comments and I'm quite certain you will do just fine by your little one.  December is a wonderful time to be born.  Peppermint ice cream cakes with chocolate ganache and candy canes are just one fantastic perk.  There are others, and you get to find them; we did.  :)  

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• I'm so late but here goes!

@manada & @healz413 - SO glad to read your MFM appt. had good news.Phew! Stay put Rockies!!

@KH826 - OMG it's almost time! My yoga teacher calls your "due time" from 37-42 weeks...and reminds us all the time that the US average is 10 days past your due date - ug! it is going to be hard not to get anxious at 38 or 39! Hang in there! I hope she pops out soon!

@CageyMack thanks for your sweet post on last week's PG checkin! I didn't thank you properly, it was really nice of you. I'm so glad you are here with us on the PG checkin too!!!

28 weeks tomorrow! EDD 8/20

The last week has been quite eventful! I posted separately about my kidney stone attack and overnight in L&D - and the great news that I passed the stone! It took a few days to feel normal again and luckily, the post-narcotics side-effects were minimal to none. They did see other stones so I'm just praying they don't try to exit as well.

I've been a Craigslist fiend and scored the exact (Chicco Keyfit30) carseat in red for J a week or two ago - they had gotten 2 and never used the 2nd one, it is 2 months old with all the tags and stuff still on it - for $100! Then, this weekend I found a second carseat and the stroller for $120 - in the same color!! So, in all we have 2 carseats (up to 30 lbs) and the stroller for $220. Total score! The second carseat expires sooner, but we'll primarily just use the one anyhow - we just fear one of us going off to work with the carseat and the other being stranded.

Yesterday, we spent Memorial day doing the nursery!! I still have lots of details to finish before I share photos, but we painted and have pretty much all the big stuff done. We also went and ordered our lazyboy recliner/rocker (they have one that is sort of modern looking) on sale with no tax! So excited for that. My goal is to have the nursery done by my birthday in mid-June. Oh, and someone made the first purchase off our registry - freaky but exciting that things are feeling very real!!

Physically, my wrist is still a wreck and I finally made an appointment with the hand doctor for tomorrow. The pain is trailing up my arm now and the area feels a bit warm/hot. This can't be good. Painting I'm sure did not help. I have woke up a few times with trouble breathing, too. Otherwise feeling ok, except for being incredibly sore from yesterday - up/down on the ladder, squat/kneel to the floor, over and over. Ouch!

My gestational diabetes is going pretty good too - I started insulin and what a relief! Two tiny shots and my numbers are SO much better. It takes a ton of pressure off of me, especially since I was doing everything by the book and still seeing some high numbers. Now I follow the rules and my numbers look great overall (with a few small exceptions). I will admit that starting each day by stabbing myself in the finger at 6 a.m. is no picnic, nor are the other 5-6 needle pokes each day (blood sugar tests, insulin, and lovenox) BUT I remind myself I only have 12 weeks to go! And this to shall pass... and I get a baby out of it! My next appointment is on Thursday for a growth scan, diabetic counselor check-in, and "educational visit" with the nurse practitioner who ensures you have a to-do list (duh) for thinks like carseat, choosing a pediatrician, etc.

Simone is still not moving tons but the movements are feeling much bigger, which is super cool. Sometimes they shock me and other times I laugh out loud a little because it just feels SO WEIRD. We are continuing our nightly reading/music ritual and just getting excited for her to be on the outside in a few short months!!

QOTW: I would say the Dr. Suess books for sure! I'm not the hugest reader, but J is, so likely she'll be driving the book selections... but as a kid, we loved Dr. Suess in  our family!

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• @Manada....I am so sorry to hear this. You both are in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know how your appointment goes

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• I am VERY late, but I guess better than never. We are currently 21w6d

I am feeling much better this week. I think all of the medication is helping out. Other than that, I feel extremely heavy and constantly pee on myself when I cough LOL. Oh, and just like @trisholio I have taken on a hemorrhoid and named it Henry. That's always a good time
    QOTW: What is a favorite children's book and/or toy from your own childhood that you look forward to introducing your future LO(s) to? I loved The Giving Tree and cannot wait to read that to our LOs. We have a ton of Dr. Suess books and Shel Silverstein books.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• I am feeling much better this week. I think all of the medication is helping out. Other than that, I feel extremely heavy and constantly pee on myself when I cough LOL. Oh, and just like @trisholio I have taken on a hemorrhoid and named it Henry. That's always a good time

I am sorry you are part of this club :-(  But thanks for the laugh!  I just might have to name mine too!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• jjlvscgjjlvscg member
    Today is 7 weeks 5 days. We had our intake appointment with the midwife. It was mostly blood work and an educational session. Our first actual appointment is in two weeks. We have one final appointment with the fertility clinic tomorrow and they will do a scan to make sure everything still looks good. I'm glad we have this. My partner has been having some cramping and today she had some spotting. I know these can be normal but it's hard not to totally freak out myself and try to comfort her and reassure that it can be normal. I'm just trying to help her relax and stay calm.
    QOTW: When I was little I always lived the Bernstein Bears books. I hope I can find some of them for our LO.
  • Hello ladies We are due August 30 . Though I think our lil princess will come out a few days after my cerclage is taken out. July 31 I'll be 36 weeks by then. I'm 27 now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"