Pregnant after IF
Options

Spotting

Hi ladies- so I'm not sure which board I really belong in but thought this one might be appropriate. We got our second beta results yesterday- still pregnant and had more than doubled. *see siggy* anyway today I started spotting pink with tinge of red. I'm super concerned. This is a lot of firsts for me. First successful ivf, first pregnancy. I have no idea what normal. My clinic is closed and I hate to make an emergency call in so was hoping to get some insight as to what could cause this. Of course my mind goes to the "M" word and my husband is trying to tel me to relax and I am trying... But all of this is so nerve racking. Help :(

*Siggy Warning*

TTC since 11/11. 10 months natural= 10 BFN 8/12 First appt with RE 4 semen anaylsis later 1.9 million count, 21% motility and very poor morphology Me- bloodwork, 2 ultrasounds, HSG exam =I'm fine / 3 months of testosterone treatments = 3 more BFN DH bloodwork after 3 months treatment= no change/  

RE says we can continue with hormone treatment for MIF, RE says we can try IUI but doesn't expect the results to be good based on severe MIF/ 

IVFw/ICSI Cycle #1 1/11/13 Antagonist Protocol IVF Cycle #1 Canceled due to poor response and lead follicle problems. 1/18/13 started Provera to get body back to baseline / take a break to re-evaluate and recoop finances

IVFw/ICSI Cycle #2 4/13/14 Supressed with Estrace for 7 days. / Started injections 4/22/14. Baseline -0 follicles  Started 75iu menapur/150iu follistim, morning and evening injections   ER- 8 Retrieved, 7M, 7F, 5/8 transferred2 Good 8 and 9 cell Embryos. Beta #1 at 11dp3dt  67! I'm pregnant! Beta #2 174! Ultrasound scheduled 6/6/14

Ultrasound on 6/6 confirmed a singleton pregnancy and a heartbeat, although my iradic breathing would allow us to get the rate.  Second ultrasound measured great and got to hear he heartbeat!! 176 bpm Graduating to my OBGYN with our next appointment with them being 7/23/14

Re: Spotting

• Options
    Spotting is completely normal. What's not normal is if it is accompanied by cramps/pain and the spotting turns to a flow. Call your REs emergency line for some reassurance.

Just some advice, unless it gets really bad or your RE tells you to, don't go to the emergency room. They will call it a threatened miscarriage and send you on your way. They really can't do anything for you and always cause more panic than it's worth.

Good luck! T+Ps for you but I'm sure it will be okay!
  • Options

Spotting is completely normal. What's not normal is if it is accompanied by cramps/pain and the spotting turns to a flow. Call your REs emergency line for some reassurance.

Just some advice, unless it gets really bad or your RE tells you to, don't go to the emergency room. They will call it a threatened miscarriage and send you on your way. They really can't do anything for you and always cause more panic than it's worth.

Good luck! T+Ps for you but I'm sure it will be okay!

I agree with everything she said. If its any consolation I have been spotting here and there through my pregnancy. I am 18 weeks. Doc says completely normal. Sending hugs, T&P.
    Me: 33 - PCOS & Hypothyroidism DH: 35 - SA is good Married since 2010 (together since 2006) TTC since June 2009 (we knew we would have issues and wanted family right away after we got married). No pregnancies yet. May 2013 - started first round of Chlomid & ovidrel cycle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Amyou06Amyou06 member
    I've only been on the PIO

*Siggy Warning*

TTC since 11/11. 10 months natural= 10 BFN 8/12 First appt with RE 4 semen anaylsis later 1.9 million count, 21% motility and very poor morphology Me- bloodwork, 2 ultrasounds, HSG exam =I'm fine / 3 months of testosterone treatments = 3 more BFN DH bloodwork after 3 months treatment= no change/  

RE says we can continue with hormone treatment for MIF, RE says we can try IUI but doesn't expect the results to be good based on severe MIF/ 

IVFw/ICSI Cycle #1 1/11/13 Antagonist Protocol IVF Cycle #1 Canceled due to poor response and lead follicle problems. 1/18/13 started Provera to get body back to baseline / take a break to re-evaluate and recoop finances

IVFw/ICSI Cycle #2 4/13/14 Supressed with Estrace for 7 days. / Started injections 4/22/14. Baseline -0 follicles  Started 75iu menapur/150iu follistim, morning and evening injections   ER- 8 Retrieved, 7M, 7F, 5/8 transferred2 Good 8 and 9 cell Embryos. Beta #1 at 11dp3dt  67! I'm pregnant! Beta #2 174! Ultrasound scheduled 6/6/14

Ultrasound on 6/6 confirmed a singleton pregnancy and a heartbeat, although my iradic breathing would allow us to get the rate.  Second ultrasound measured great and got to hear he heartbeat!! 176 bpm Graduating to my OBGYN with our next appointment with them being 7/23/14

• Options
    I have been spotting everyday for a week now.  I think it's impossible not to worry about this, especially so early in pregnancy and with the added extra of IF brain.  Everyone on here has been so encouraging that spotting can be very normal and my RE has also said that it can be normal.  I'm struggling not to worry but, I'm just trying to enjoy every day that I'm pregnant and focusing on the countdown until the next ultrasound.  FX that the spotting is nothing to worry about for the both of us!

Me (29): Hashimoto's, CD3/7DPO bloodwork & ultrasound normal, HSG & SHG(x2) all clear
    DH (29): SA Perfect
    TTC Since Jan '13, First RE Appt Jan '14
    DX: Unspecified Ovarian Dysfunction, Long Cycles
    May '13 BFP, C/P 4w3d
    Apr '14:  50mg clomid + ovidrel + B2B IUI #1=BFP,  Natural M/C 6.5wks
    Aug '14: 50mg clomid + ovidrel + B2B IUI #2=BFN
    Oct '14: 100mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI#3 =BFN
    Nov 14: 100mg clomid + ovidrel + B2B IUI#4=slow response, bad lining, cancelled
    FU with RE, more bloodwork: Anticardiolipin +
    Dec 14: 5mg Letrozole+baby aspirin +ovidrel + B2B IUI#4.1=BFFN
    Jan '15: 5mg Letrozole +baby aspirin + ovidrel +B2B IUI #5= BFP!! 
    Beta #1 210  Beta #2 546

• Options
    Spotting is normal, just freaks you out! I have read, but RE never said anything, that spotting with early IVF pregnancies is very common because of all the follicles that were produced and have to be reabsorbed or whatever. Don't know if that's true, but kind of makes sense. 
    Me (31) - PCOS with insulin resistance

4 rounds of Clomid = no response
    IVF # 1 - ET (1 3AA, 4 frosties): 12/22 = BFP
    EDD: 9/9/2014

• Options
    I more than spotted brown and red in week 5 and 6.  After that I saw the HB in week 6 and 8.  My RE said bleeding just happens sometimes.  I was very worried when I was bleeding but haven't had any bleeding since week 6 and now I'm in week 9.  I was told to take it easy so I did.  GL
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"