Massachusetts Babies

Anyone living on cape, delivering at South Shore hospital?

I'm moving to Barnstable from the south shore beginning of June to be closer to my husbands job in Hyannis- I love my doctors and south shore hospital so I still want to deliver there! Does anyone have any experience making the trek off cape to give birth, I am due end of August.

Re: Anyone living on cape, delivering at South Shore hospital?

• From experience, you won't want to make that drive. I had a 20 minute drive from Mashpee to Falmouth when I was in labor and even that was crazy. This time it's another 20 minute drive to Cape Cod Hospital and I'm not looking forward to it. I've heard really good things about CCH and you may want to look into it, especially since it will be a ten minute drive tops for you. A lot of my friends and family have delivered there.

And where you're due at the end of August, depending on what time of day you go into labor you will be potentially contending with the traffic heading off Cape. I think you should really think about this. I'd hate to read that you'd given birth on the side of the highway in Plymouth.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"