High-Risk Pregnancy

For those who were on bed rest...

Those of you that were on bed rest and have already had your LO, did you find yourself getting antsy towards the end of your bed rest? I only have 12 days until I go back to work and I find myself being more lax (getting up more often rather than asking for DH's help, taking longer showers, etc). I also find myself getting frustrated that I can't clean and prep LO's new clothes by getting everything washed and put away. 

Did anyone else get this way so close to the end of bed rest? DH keeps telling me to stop being so lax because I still have almost 2 weeks left. I understand his argument but at the same time, I have to admit I never really believed in bed rest (due to reading literature that did not support prescribing strict bed rest) but I did it anyway. Now with the end so near I feel like its unnecessary to be strict. 

Thoughts?

image    image    

Re: For those who were on bed rest...

• I had no idea you could be put on bed rest after birth as well.

I am on bed rest until I give birth, and I am restless but knowing the babies need more time helps. Not sure I would have the same motivation if the babies were already out.
  • TRS48TRS48 member
    Yes I've def been more lax lately just because I'm getting so antsy & I can tell my hubby is getting sick of doing everything. I've been on for 10 weeks now. I'm trying to stay put until 34 weeks but it's hard. I totally get you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • amwenzamwenz member
    I just try to watch myself and know when it's going to be a bad day or I did too much. I also feel bad for not being able to hold my own. Even though everyone is super supportive it's hard to explain the pressure and tightness I feel when it isn't a good day. So, your doc is allowing you back to work at 34 weeks? Mine wants me to go all the way to my due date. I start weekly apts. and non stress tests this week.
    Started ttc may 2012 Me:32. Dh:31 SA- 4% morphology Fsh:9.1 possibly not always ovulating Hysteroscopy/lLap 7/13 resulted in polyp removal, uterine septum, and mild endo stage 1 removed 10/13 IVF #1 successful 
    BabyFruit Ticker}

• @amwenz -- my doctor is taking me off bed rest at 34 weeks. They cleared me to return to work with restrictions. It is literally the last day of the school year so its my first and last day at work lol. Since it is a teacher planning day there isn't much going on other than packing up (which I can't do) and just saying good-bye to co-workers. It will probably be a nice day for me because I can see everyone and get some social time. I'm not allowed to do anything though so I will just be sitting around chit chatting.

image    image    

• @TRS48  I have been on bed rest for about 8 weeks now. I'm glad to see it is not just me. I feel a little guilty doing more than I should sometimes, but I also like having a teeny tiny bit of my independence back when I do something silly, like get up to get my own drink rather then call for DH to do it. 

image    image    

• TRS48TRS48 member
    We have eachother! :) it sucks (understatement of the year) but we're both almost there!

• amwenzamwenz member
    Random change of discussion but do you ladies @bluebird1109‌ & @TRS48‌ have names picked out? We are team green but don't have a boys name yet:(
    Started ttc may 2012 Me:32. Dh:31 SA- 4% morphology Fsh:9.1 possibly not always ovulating Hysteroscopy/lLap 7/13 resulted in polyp removal, uterine septum, and mild endo stage 1 removed 10/13 IVF #1 successful 
    BabyFruit Ticker}

• @amwenz It was difficult to pick a boy name for us, but we decided on Theodore Anderson.

image    image    

• TRS48TRS48 member
    We do. We are keeping them a surprise until the boys are born though. :) Boys names were sooooo much harder for us than girl names! You will find something! And @bluebird1109‌ love your name!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"