August 2014 Moms

OTC sleep aids and decreased fetal movement

I bought some unisom (ob approved) because I've been having a helluva time sleeping lately. I took it twice and both times slept much better, but I noticed a lot less movement from baby during the following day and then back to normal movement patterns the next day after not taking the unisom for consecutive nights. Anyone else experience this?

At this point I'm going to try and tough it out without the sleep aids, unless I get totally desperate...

Re: OTC sleep aids and decreased fetal movement

• I haven't noticed that. I've been taking a half of one at night. I was told it helps with sleeping, of course, and my nausea. Although I woke up last night with some intense nausea.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• BeachMBeachM member
    I've been having allergy congestion and taking Benadryl at night. It knocks me out and I haven't noticed any decreased movement.

• Loading the player...
  • Maybe you are over thinking it. I mean I have days where movement is less than usual. I would try maybe two more times and see if there's still a correlation. I know pregnancy can make us overly observent especially when it comes to taking medicine.
  • I take it almost every night to help me sleep, and I haven't noticed a lack in movement. I don't think unisom crosses the placenta so it shouldn't affect the baby. Maybe your baby is having a lazy day or is facing your back.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kaitm22kaitm22 member
    I agree with PPs that is is probably just a coincidence. I have been taking half of one when I really feel like I need it, but even then it doesn't always work and I am still feeling baby.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"