Babies: 0 - 3 Months

hiccups

My LO gets the hiccups daily. Is there something we are doing wrong that could be causing them? Is there a way to prevent them? I know that they don't hurt them but I feel so bad for her when she has them.

Re: hiccups

• linzerdlinzerd member
    You aren't doing anything to cause it, totally normal. Do you bf? Put her on the boob and they'll go away.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    Hiccups are normal.  You're not doing anything wrong.
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • no I she is on a bottle ... we had been giving her a little bit of formula and they usually go away but lately she hasn't been taking that so she just ends up hiccupping or screaming them away.
  • We tried the gripe water, no luck and he had more issues pooing when I used the gripe water. What has helped a bit : We feed him (bottle formula fed) sitting upright, we burp every ounce (whether he likes it or not :) ) and after he eats, I make sure he sits up for about 20 min. I usually hold him, and let him lay against my chest, making sure he's mostly upright.

Occasionaly, he'll get the hiccups randomly (not after eating). I pick him up, walk him, put him over my shoulder and try to burp him while we walk.. Generally that calms him down, and the hiccups go away faster.

Our pedi said not to worry about hiccups, and they probably bother me more than him.. I try not to worry, but as a FTM I worry about EVERYTHING :)

Me = 39 DH = 50 TTC (since 01/2009 after a short break, I stopped counting *cycles* in 2010)
    DX 2010 : Unknown Infertility , AMA
    HSG 2005 = Normal / HSG 2010 = Normal
    SA 2005 = Normal / SA 2010 /2012 = Slightly low count : motility, morphology GREAT!
    Chromosomal analysis, MTHFR, ANA's, Lupus, Protein C, Protein S, APCR = Normal 2011

M/C : 2005 (7wk), 2010 (6wk), 2011 (7wk)

8 IUI's 2010-2011 all BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist 01/2012 #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist long 06/2012 #2 = BFN

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF New Clinic/New RE 11/2012 #3 = One beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF 02/2013 #4 = One more beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

FET 6/20 : One 5AA PGS normal transferred Beta 1 6/28 = 53.9 / Beta 2 7/1 = 220 / Beta 3 7/3 = 550!

1 U/S  6w3d - Heartbeat 119 /  2 U/S - 7w5d- Heartbeat 169 / 3 U/S (OB) 8w5d - Heartbeat still great!

Baby G welcomed into the world 3/7/2014

SAIF / PAIF always welcome ****

• thanks ladies ...nice to know its not me completely anyway haha ..... I will try those suggestions bakermom ... hopefully they help
  • It's not that I worry as a FTM about them...it's that they DO bother my LO as she violently screams bloody murder when she gets them. If she just quietly got them and then they quietly went away...I wouldn't care either! Gripe water seems to help about 75% of the time or as others have said if BF, put them back on the boob! Hiccups suck.

• My son gets very frustrated when he gets the hiccups. I know it doesn't hurt him but he hates it!! Not really much you can do for them :/
  • My girl got them about 3-4 times a day while in the womb. She's 9 days old and still gets them about 3-4 times a day.
  • KriztynKriztyn member
    Gripe water works every time my LO has the hiccups. Even the smallest amount seems to work now. The brand I use is Mommys Bliss, and I got it from Walgreens. It's amazing.
  • hordolhordol member
    They're hiccups--everyone gets them. Try not to worry about it. Even if he seems frustrated by them they are not going to hurt him at all. Just gotta wait them out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Gripe water is awesome!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"