April 2013 Moms

Who is walking?

edited May 2014 in April 2013 Moms
The walking posts got me wondering. Does your baby walk yet? Feel free to comment as well!
Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
Rhys - born 04.17.2013
Harry - born 04.18.2016

Who is walking? 139 votes

Baby is not standing or walking
8% 12 votes
Baby stands independently but no steps yet
8% 12 votes
Baby has taken a few steps
12% 17 votes
Baby is learning to walk but is still pretty shaky
12% 18 votes
Baby is walking like a pro
23% 33 votes
Baby is running circles around me
32% 45 votes
SS
1% 2 votes

Re: Who is walking?

• I picked stands independently but no steps yet. Just in the past few days, Rhys has started standing up for 5-30 seconds at a time by himself. I think it's getting closer.... Our pediatrician said that they don't worry until 18 months :-)
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • G walks holding onto one finger.  She really doesn't need to for any reason other than security.  As soon as I take my finger away...she immediately plops on her butt.  She's my little chicken!
    Ditto! Rhys will walk around the house with his walker and literally stop, lift the walker off the ground to turn it around, and then walk in a different direction. He could definitely walk alone but he's a big scaredy cat!
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I chose walking like a pro. She was only taking a few steps a week or so ago but she moved up into the toddler 1 room and ever since then she acts like she's been walking for months. I suppose Seeing all the older kids walking all the time gave her the confidence
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kgs0505kgs0505 member
    No walking here.  Not even standing.  They both get up to their knees and balance just fine.  Pulling up is something they are thinking about, but I need to work with them on improving skills.  Right now C loves to get her legs under her and seriously bounce around like she's on a spring.  It's kind of funny :)  But both are crawling with bellies up off the ground now.  C has been doing that for a while, but T has been in commando mode until last weekend.  Truthfully I'm enjoying the not walking while it lasts.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• She basically went from walking to running in a couple weeks time. She's apparently in a big hurry to get where ever she wants to go. She took her 1st steps around 11.5 months, walking by 12 months, and running by 12.5 months. It's a good thing because she was such an unhappy baby before she learned to walk.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • megandscott07megandscott07 member
    edited May 2014
    Jacob just started walking about a week ago. But he is a fast little bugger now!

Anniversary

• I chose "baby is learning..." I'd say he walks about 50% and crawls about 50%--Or maybe 60/40. Either way, he still plops down on his butt quite a bit. Not quite a pro but I'm giving it a max of 2 weeks before he is.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • I chose running circles around me. He has been walking since around 10 months and it has taken this long to start 'trying to run' he will gain some speed.. He is only wobbly in the mornings when he goes from being asleep to standing straight up instantly (I mean who does that? Crazy kid) and he wobbles for 5 minutes half asleep.

To be honest, I wish he'd slow down.

• danuli8danuli8 member
    DS walks well holding onto my hands and will also push the stroller around, but he has only taken a few steps a few times with no support.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • cfattigcfattig member
    I chose "learning but shaky". He was doing pretty well...10-12 steps at a time, but this last bout of ear infections set him back and he doesn't want to stand anymore :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I chose special snowflake! Because I feel like my LO is never going to walk, which is a tad dramatic; she walks with hands....and cruises non stop, however she can NOT master pulling herself up. Everything she does is when she's put in the a standing position.....I know I may eat my words; but I am ready for her to walk. I just want to be able to put her down.....

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• elbouelbou member
    edited May 2014
    I chose running circles around me. He has been walking since around 10 months and it has taken this long to start 'trying to run' he will gain some speed.. He is only wobbly in the mornings when he goes from being asleep to standing straight up instantly (I mean who does that? Crazy kid) and he wobbles for 5 minutes half asleep.

My kid! And he's never happy about it!

We're almost exactly the same. My little guy started walking about a week before he hit 10 months. DS does this adorable little quick-walk whenever anyone is chasing him...so funny! I'm not sure it counts as a full-on run yet, but it's getting there. He is fast!

ETA: I chose running circles too.

• Logan starting walking at 11 months but was pretty shaky for 4-6 weeks.  Now he wants to walk at all times.  He's had a few big falls lately though so I'm a nervous wreck.  

@JBDamonM - Logan walked before he was able to pull up.  It was actually pretty convenient bc I was able to put him down and know he would be there when I got back.  Now that's he's able to pull up and go there's no telling where he'll be.  
  • elbouelbou member
    kgs0505 said:
    No walking here.  Not even standing.  They both get up to their knees and balance just fine.  Pulling up is something they are thinking about, but I need to work with them on improving skills.  Right now C loves to get her legs under her and seriously bounce around like she's on a spring.  It's kind of funny :)  But both are crawling with bellies up off the ground now.  C has been doing that for a while, but T has been in commando mode until last weekend.  Truthfully I'm enjoying the not walking while it lasts.
    @kgs0505, my friend has a son who was born the end of March '13, and he loves to do the same thing! I was visiting her house with DS, and it cracked me up every time I saw her son bounce. It's sooo cute!

• I voted "taken a few steps." She did this a few weeks ago for the first time from our ottoman to Daddy. She's done one or two more since then, but she cruises like a pro and crawls super fast so I think she's content with that for now. She will walk holding on to one hand, too. I'm thinking she's just going to randomly take off one day ... soon, too.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Camden started walking on his own around 12 months and now he is running everywhere!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Rylee took steps at 9 months and walked well by 10 months. Now she is running!

imageimageimage

• elbou said:
    I chose running circles around me. He has been walking since around 10 months and it has taken this long to start 'trying to run' he will gain some speed.. He is only wobbly in the mornings when he goes from being asleep to standing straight up instantly (I mean who does that? Crazy kid) and he wobbles for 5 minutes half asleep.

My kid! And he's never happy about it!

We're almost exactly the same. My little guy started walking about a week before he hit 10 months. DS does this adorable little quick-walk whenever anyone is chasing him...so funny! I'm not sure it counts as a full-on run yet, but it's getting there. He is fast!

ETA: I chose running circles too.
    Haha, I think I know what you mean because Connor does the same thing when you chase him.. like they lead with their stomach right? He tries to run and his legs stiffen up when he is so excited to try and get away.. it is so funny.

• CanukMamCanukMam member
    edited May 2014
    First steps at 8 months old, been walking for what seems like forever. He climbed up onto a chair and was standing on the table the other day... OMG you ladies are lucky who's kids aren't walking yet
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"