Pregnant after 35

Dr. visit

Do we have a DR.'s visit thread yet?
I didn't see one..

Well, just had my first OB visit. Did u/s. Everything's fine, except my EDD changed. I had extremely erratic periods after I had the IUD removed. So my OB says I probably just ovulated later or I was wrong on the day of my last period - which is exactly right because I guessed... I stopped tracking after my cycle got so erratic.
So it jumped back a whole week!!!

OB said there is a possibility that the pregnancy isn't viable & honestly, my husband and I would be fine with either one. Does that make me horrible? This was a complete surprise & miscarriages happen for a reason. My grandma used to say miscarriages are mercy from heaven's door.... ('Cause something was very wrong..) So praying for the Lord's will.
In the meantime I'm dead tired, nauseous and my BB's are killing me... Good times.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Dr. visit

• Mrs.McIrishMrs.McIrish member
    edited May 2014
    I know we don't know each other but please never tell someone a miscarriage happen for a reason. As someone who had two losses (probably due to a clotting issues, not a health reason for babies), it infuriates me when someone says it was meant to be etc. For those of us who have struggled deeply and paid more $ than you can ever fathom to have a baby, it is insulting and doesn't help the situation. It just deepens the divide even further as infertility/child losS has zero to do with God's will.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Ok. I understand. I will be very sensitive about the issue.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • FLRainbowGirlFLRainbowGirl member
    edited May 2014
    @Mrs.McIrish
    Just so you know, I forgot to mention it, but the reason I mentioned what my Grandma said, was because she lost 6 pregnancies herself.
    Had 7 babies, lost 6.

• Ok understood. Everyone doesn't have the same take on it of course but it is something I'm extremely sensitive about. Like God thinks the crack whore is worthy of a baby but not me. That's why I get sensitive about anything religious being brought into the miscarriage/ children issue. We all come to this group from all walks of life and I tend to be vocal about certain aspects of pregnancy etc. Thanks for understanding that I'm not saying this to be a jerk etc.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• I understand, girl! I will definitely be praying for you & the LO's. I do believe that God is loving & He sees our hearts & desires. Keep the faith!
    EXCITED for you!!!

• I'm with McIrish on this-- but I'm not religious, so when people mention God's Will to me, I try to be polite and recognize that they mean well, but it gives me ZERO consolation. My previous loss was difficult and heart-breaking (and I finished my entire shift at work while it was happening) and when people told me it was "meant to be" and "God's will" I wanted to punch them in their faces. I'm sure the hormones didn't help. HOWEVER, all that being said-- I don't think you're a "bad" person for being okay if you have a loss. While (as someone who is sensitive to the IF struggle) I believe that it's disappointing and heartbreaking for people who can have babies to not want them, I also strongly believe that people should not have children if they don't want them. It's not like getting a fish who only lives for a couple years and requires minimal nurturing and guidance. And I am not in your shoes so I would never presume to judge you. This is a safe board for a reason-- we support people through losses, through successes, through divorces during pregnancies, whatever life throws at us.
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"