July 2013 Moms
Options

Pizza face

My skin has never been so acne-ridden.

Anyone have any skin care products they swear by?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Pizza face

• Options
    When I got pregnant I got Belli Acne Control Spot Treatment and the Belli Facial Wash. They've worked great and the facial wash smells so good.

I just ordered this coffee scrub called Frank. It's supposed to help with acne and other skin issues. I haven't gotten it yet but my cousin is loving it. frankbody.com

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Pro Activ

Love it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have never had bad acne...just a pimple here and there but I used pro activ in those situations and it was helpful.

Bonus: 

• Options
    Caitable25Caitable25 member
    edited May 2014
    I use a loreal scrub. It's in an orange container. I swear by it. I read I think in allure it was great for adult acne -
    Some of the products (like clearasil, etc.) aimed at acne has too much Salic acid and end up making your skin worse so they rated this stuff up there. I love it. And it's only like$5.00

Eta. Spelling before coffee is no good

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have slight acne once a month. I hate her.

I use Aveeno face scrub (like the commercial with Jennifer Aniston) and I like it, but when I was younger I used Proactiv and I really like it and thought it worked well.
  • Options
    I actually just use Cetaphil and it works well. I do have oily acne prone skin. Once or twice a year when it flares up, I like to splurge for a facial.
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options

The only thing I use ever is Noxema.

This is what I used to use before the Aveeno and after the Proactiv, I love it. My mom has used it for as long as I can remember.

Side note: the generic brands are stinky.
  • Options
    @simone711‌ I thought the same!
  • Options
    Lelo2006Lelo2006 member
    edited May 2014
    I love origins foaming face wash and I use a really good moisturizer I get at a holistic healing spa. It's from Taiwain so I have no idea where to find it.

Make sure you're using a good moisturizer!
  • Options
    I have had adult acne forever. Except when pregnant and breastfeeding. Its back with a vengeance now that im done weaning.

In the past I used spironolactone (androgen blocker) but im not sure how effective it really was. Its usually used as a potassium sparing diuretic but helps with hormonal acne as an off label thing.
    I am a big fan of washing with Panoxyl 10 and using one of those battery operated scrubbers.
  • Options
    ProActive made me break out soooooooo bad.

Never again.
  • Options

ProActive made me break out soooooooo bad.

Never again.

It didn't help me either. Too perfumy.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Mamasighs said:

My issue is weird forehead bumps, giant pores and blackheads versus lots of zits, so it may not work if you are strictly having breakouts.

This is exactly my issue except swap forehead bumps for chin bumps.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"