Multiples
Options

Vaginal Birth with Twin B Transverse?

Just saw my OB today. Baby A is pretty much stuck head down, like he shouldn't be moving before his arrival. But Baby B is transverse (as of u/s last week) and has been breech/transverse as long as we've seen her. My OB said she could still move, but probably not head down. I told her I'm terrified of the so-called "double-whammy" and she said it's happened a few times. We're hoping that once Baby A comes out she'll just turn head down or be maneuvered head down.

Has anyone's twins been in similar positions and you ended up having a vaginal birth? I'm just getting more anxious about it now, ahh!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Vaginal Birth with Twin B Transverse?

• Options
    My baby A was head down and B was transverse.  Baby A's water broke, I delivered him at 3 lbs. 6oz…. after he was delivered they manually turned baby B which I didn't really feel cause I had an epidural, but I know it would be very painful if I didn't.  Then broke his water and he was delivered at 3 lbs. 13oz 17 minutes later.  I think as long as Baby B isn't a lot bigger than baby A it should be fine though yes the risk is always there.  I think the double whammy is so rare that I'd rather chance it if that was the only concern about a vaginal delivery.  

• Options
    My baby B was transverse for all of the pregnancy.  I was induced at 36 weeks.  She had turned head down by my 35 week+ 6 day ultrasound.  I did a lot of prenatal yoga and talked to my girls about getting into the right position.  May sound weird, but in the end I had a vaginal delivery with no tearing and two healthy baby girls.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby A was breech for most of my pregnancy, baby B was transverse. I went in for my weekly NST at 35 weeks and ended up being admitted because of my blood pressure. They did an ultrasound that day to verify their positions. Both were head down! I was so surprised. The next day I had a vaginal delivery.  So it can happen that they will turn :)
  • Options
    I was reading a literature review on this recently and there was a high success rate if the dr was able to reach into uterus and manually turn baby. The outcome was much better than trying to do an external version.

This is the reason I will get an epidural if I'm allowed to have a vaginal delivery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"