April 2014 Moms
Options

Fan in baby room

We're transitioning LO to her room tonight. She has a ceiling fan but it's too cold even on it's lowest setting. I brought my desk fan home from work. Is that too small to use? I was running the one in our room when she roomed with us to reduce SIDS risk. What are you using?

Re: Fan in baby room

• Options
    Mmk724Mmk724 member
    I use the overhead fan but the room is a little stuffy so it's not too cold. Hadn't thought to use anything else. Good luck with the transition.
  • Options
    We use the ceiling fan and I just accommodate for the temp.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, how is that supposed to reduce the risk of SIDS? I've never heard of that.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I had no idea so many people had ceiling fans in their bedrooms! I wonder if it's regional?

I'm debating fan or white noise machine in the nursery. She doesn't sleep in there yet so I have some time still. I really think either is fine, though.
  • Options
    The AC is running here 24/7 and so is the ceiling fan in the bedroom. It's still hot as ****!
    @MissWhis‌ around here it's definitely regional. Growing up on the cost only the kitchen had a ceiling fan none of the other rooms in the house did. And as far as I can remember all my friends houses where like that to. Since moving here to my DHs home town in the Central Valley every room has a ceiling fan. I've been to some peoples houses where they even had them in the bath!
  • Options
    We have a ceiling fan on his DS room as well. It's not too cold here and I dress him in long-sleeved pajamas.

We only installed the fan as we were setting up his room knowing that it can prevent sids
  • Options
    We have ceiling fans in every room (other than bath) as far as temp control there should be a switch on the fan prob on the metal part right below the blades that switches direction. If the blades go one way they push air down making it feel cooler, going the other way they pull air up and you get the air circulation without as much of the cooling effects. Maybe try that?

imageimage
  • Options
    I agree with switching the direction of the fan. If yours does not have that option, I think the small fan is fine. I would not blow it right on her though

I had no idea about this correlation so thanks for posting!

• Options
    We have the ceiling fan on low and if it's too cool, I turn on the space heater. (Honestly, I first turned on the fan for me because I'm a very warm person and was sweating so much during night feedings)
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"