Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Rolling on his side

My DS is only a few days old, but since birth he won't sleep on his back. He always finds a way to turn to his side. The nurses at the hospital tried all sorts of swaddling and he still turns. We even saw that he had his face smooshed against the plexiglass crib wall. At my house, I have a crib and the Fisher Price Rock n Play sleeper, where the baby sleeps on an incline. As a FTM, of course I'm worried about my choices. I completely forgot to ask the doc about it. But at the hospital, they kept him on an incline, so at first I thought nothing of it. But naturally, I second guess myself, and worry that he's not getting enough air. So my question is, should I just put him in his crib knowing full well, that he turns and is a squirmy little man, or keep him sleeping in the inclined sleeper until I feel it's safe to transfer him to crib?

FTR- the sleeper is hard, it doesn't feel soft at all to me, so he's still on a firm surface.
May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rolling on his side

• Options
    The rock n.play sleeper is highly recommended around here. A lot of babies much prefer it over sleeping flat.
    My daughter has always slept on her side and it's never been an issue.
    You need to figure out which way he sleeps better and what is easier for you.
  • Options
    My little guy liked to roll on his side when we first brought him home from the hospital too. Our pedi said it is fine. He has since grown out of doing that though (four weeks tomorrow)
    TTC since 10/11
    Me, 26- Normal. DH, 28- Low morphology (2-4%)
    August 2013 100mg Clomid+TI=BFP!
    Beta #1,2,3=136, 1351, 5328
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! A little reassurance goes a long way!
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I asked our pediatrician about it, my DD does that as well. She said as long as we put dd on her back and she rolls to her side it is fine, just don't put her on her side. We don't swaddle her anymore (2wks) just in case she does manage to get all the way to her tummy over night, that way she can lift her head up.
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My little one has always liked sleeping on his side as well.  When we first brought him home we put him in the napper that came with the pack and play.  We only used that for about a week b/c he liked snuggling up next to it and it would freak me out.  So we decided to just let him sleep in the pack and play where he'd have more room and couldn't snuggle next to any walls.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"