August 2013 Moms
Options

Memorial Day Weekend

Of course we should honor our fallen soldiers this coming Monday and pay respects in whatever way we can, but other than honoring those who have fought for us, what will your weekend consist of? 

Re: Memorial Day Weekend

• Options
    Yard sale prep....woo hoo!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    vulpinivulpini member
    Potentially seeing my best friend who I last saw in October.  I say potentially because we had to cancel/reschedule the last 3 times we tried.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @mwalker710 Enjoy the time with your grandmother. <3 It's hard when they know they are going but it's unexpected as to when. Just try and live up every moment with her. <3 

• Options
    Celebrating my little brothers birthday (2-days in a row).  We'll be staying at my parents house from Saturday to Sunday.

Monday we're having a cookout with some friends.  Pool, sun & good food.  Doesn't get better than that!
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    We are leaving early tomorrow morning for Destin and are spending Saturday and Sunday on the beach. I think we will be hitting up the outlet mall as well and Monday we will probably grill out.
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Work...some people still want to travel I guess

• Options
    No plans- this weekend starts DH's summer schedule full or late nights every weekend. LO and I will have our own party I guess!

• Options

nnikki10 said:

Working on Saturday and then shopping with my mom and sis on Sunday. Monday I work. I don't get holidays off. Damn criminals don't take it off.

Ha. My husband always likes to joke, "crime doesn't take a holiday".

He's working all weekend so I think the boys and I will go to some museums and eat al fresco all weekend.
    My very first thanksgiving working after training we had 3 separate homicides!!! I was like people you are suppose to be thankful today!!
  • Options
    Caz1221Caz1221 member
    We were OOT for my little brother's graduation last weekend, so I'm looking forward to a weekend at home.  LO has a swim lesson tomorrow, and we're going to my parents' house for a BBQ on Sunday (they live ~30 minutes away).

• Options
    Jewelry Bar tonight, and pools & BBQs the rest of the weekend! I've got Joy the Bakers new sangria recipie on my shopping list and I'm ready!
             image         image
  • Options
    More packing, cleaning, painting, hosting a yard sale, then Monday going to watch the parade (my brother and father are in it) and perhaps a cookout at my parent's campsite and swimming with LO if weather is nice enough. It's going to be a whirlwind but in a mostly awesome way!

• Options
    ludaliludali member
    Pretty much staying put - ILs on Sunday (no excitement for me either @theusualmischeif ) and then with my family (WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!  more fun) on Monday.  :-)  The weather is supposed to be so so, but Monday is supposed to be nice.

@mwalker710 I need to look up Gaspee Day - never heard of that one!
  • Options
    ludaliludali member
    ludali said:
    @mwalker710 I need to look up Gaspee Day - never heard of that one!
    Checked it out - great history!  Sounds like a fun day!
  • Options
    We are going camping with Out my lo :( bittersweet. . We are going to Laughlin nevada Friday through sunday and then hitting up las Vegas Sunday night and Monday.
  • Options
    ludaliludali member
    I love stuff like that @mwalker710 ENJOY!!!
  • Options
    ludaliludali member
    @ludali It is really a lot of fun. My ILs live right off the parkway where they have the parade, so we stake out a spot every year. We also usually park at their house and walk down to the crafts fair. Extra time with the ILs which is eh, but fun for us! ;)

Maybe a FFFC: I grew up minutes from where this location is and NEVER heard of it until I started dating my husband 10 years ago. Not even in history class, and it was a pretty big historical moment. Whoops! American Education at its best ;)
    And don't worry about never hearing of it...have you ever heard of the Big E in Massachusetts each year?  If not, its kickass...but if you're from my part of CT and have never heard of it, well...you apparently have missed out on life.  I seriously think a New England bumpie meet-up should happen at the Big E this fall...if not sooner!
  • Options
    @ludali I'm down for the Big E. But I still think we should do a Boston day too :D Sometime this summer :) 

• Options
    ludaliludali member
  • Options

We are leaving early tomorrow morning for Destin and are spending Saturday and Sunday on the beach. I think we will be hitting up the outlet mall as well and Monday we will probably grill out.

My IL's have a couple condos in Destin! We love going down there!

We don't have plans. DH has to work. So I am going out to brunch with my besties and our LOs!

• Options
    Our wedding anniversary is today; we're going to take the kids hiking like we did on our first anniversary. Then we're staying the night out at my parent's place so we can both drink. 

Tomorrow we're going up to a friend's place for a cookout. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Pool, BBQ and just takin it easy. Work has been nuts. I'm ready to do nothing.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options

@ludali I'm down for the Big E. But I still think we should do a Boston day too :D Sometime this summer :) 

@Ludali, @TrueBeliever925‌ and @mwalker710, a New England get-together? So jealous! Wish I still lived there! .... Wicked jealous. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"