Baby Names
Options

Opinion - Jake James

Do you think it sounds funny?  We love the name Jake and we want James after my father and it's DHs middle name.

How often do you hear both names together anyway right?

Our other option is Matthew James.

Re: Opinion - Jake James

• Options
    If you like Jake, stick with it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I do not think it flows, how about Jacob and call him Jake. I do like Matthew too. It is your child but I hope noone calls him JJ...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Matthew James. I really like Jake though. Jacob James sounds awesome, and you could call him Jake from birth.
  • Options

I like Jake a lot more than Matthew.  But, I dont really like it with James too much. 

But, all that matters is that you love it.

• Options
    I love James and really like Jake, but not together.
  • Options

Yeah, they don't sound right together. I'll see what DH thinks about Jacob instead and calling him Jake. 

Thanks!  :)

• Options
    I like Jacob James "Jake" for short.  I also like Matthew James.  I don't care for Jake as the given name but rather as a nickname for Jacob.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I prefer Matthew James
  • Options

I like Jake, but not with James.  My DS is Jacob and we've always called him Jake. I think nicknames are fine (Jake is a nickname), but I prefer to legally name a child the original name and choose to use the nickname.  His middle name is Christian and Jake does not go with that name, but Jacob does.

My DS prefers Jake over Jacob, but I think when he is an adult in the professional work world, Jacob sounds more adult and professional.

That being said, I like Jacob James, but not Jake James.

• Options

I like Jake but it sounds kinda silly.. its kinda cute at the same time. Maybe Jacob James and call him Jake?

haha but then again I dont know.. Jake James sounds cute for a kid!

• Options
    I like it!  I like it better than Matthew James.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"