Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Baptism Gifts

I need an idea for a baptism gift for DS, and also for my nephew (DH and I are the Godparents) who will be baptized the same day.  For DDs baptism I bought her a gold chain (about $250) and now I am totally stumped about what to get the boys.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baptism Gifts

• Options
    I didn't get any expensive gifts when DS had his, but some of things we got were a children's bible, a big story book, and a dish set. When I was baptized I got a by an sized cross on a chain, a silver spoon & a bracelet with my initials
  • Options
    You can always offer to buy the baptism outfit if they do not already have one for your godson.  You can buy a gold cross for a boy or a saint medal.  My mother started a college fund.  It doesn't take a lot of money to start but it something you could add to for bdays and stuff like that and will build interest.  

We threw my dd a party so we didn't actually get her anything.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Boys wear chains too. My parents got DS a silver chain with Saint Christopher in the pendant. He wears it a lot (not to daycare or to bed) and never messes with it. It was a lovely gift.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

My in-laws got DS a nice Children's Bible. I think that was good for a boy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

• Options
    mb314mb314 member
    I don't think big Baptism gifts are necessary.  DS got a cute book "God Made Me" and some lamb stuffed animals and a couple of crosses.  I am personally into more practical gifts than commemorative gifts like engraved  cups/spoons, etc. 

If they go to church each week, maybe some cute church clothes for as the boy gets older? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"