Trouble TTC

Back with No New News

Hi guys I'm back. I have been really going through it with these Follistim injections. I keep overstimulating and having to cancel the cycle before we even get to the IUI part. In April I didn't even get a cycle b/c my hormones were so off due to high dose of injections in March. Finally he doctor gave me a shot of progesterone to make my cycle come on, which it did only to yet again have another high dose of injections. So now I am taking 2 progesterone capsules a night for 10 days to ensure I have a cycle in June I guess. I can not tell you all how frustrated and upset I have been these past 5 months. Money it seems like is just flying out the window and my body is either nor receptive or too receptive. I just want to scream and I really want to give up. I hate to say but I am starting to think I just can't have children. My uterine lining is always thin I hate myself for having the IUD b/c I know that didn't help all those years I had it, but no one ever told me it would hurt me in the future. I am pissed. I look at people I know who just get pregnant at the drop of a dime, I see bad mothers. mother's who don't even raise their own kids and I'm like "why can't I get pregnant and have healthy babies" So my doctor says next cycle we will do 50 units for 2 nights, then I come in to get an ultrasound and keep on like that hoping to manage the injections and I really want to be like why didn't you do that the first time. Then I start thinking stupid like we don't even need children we have student loan debt and we have not gotten our first house yet, we rent. But does that matter? I hate to be such a owner but I have not gotten any uplifting news about this fertility thing in a while. Maybe you guys can understand.

Me: 31 (2X Breast Cancer Survivor)

DX: PCOS, Thin Uterine Lining

DH: 38 Perfectly Fine

Married: Since 08/2012

TTC: Since 10/2012

We have tried several cycles of Letrozole, 

No Clomid and very limited to what I can take due to health history.

Still Tryng...

Re: Back with No New News

• Von112Von112 member
    Oh and by the way this PCOS, ugh, now that I know what has triggered my acne for all my adult years is at it again. I'm gaining weight, breaking out, having hot flashes, and half the time I feel like a fat slob, my eating is out of control and I can not get enough sleep

Still Tryng...

• I'm sorry. I totally understand the overstimulation part, as I'm benched because of it, and I'm on follistim too. Hoping you get some happy, positive news soon....
    Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry. IF can be so frustrating. I totally know the feeling of doubting yourself and your ability to have children. It is such a struggle but I just think when my future 2 year old is throwing a temper tantrum I will just look at him or her and say I wanted you sooooo bad that I don't care that the whole store is staring at me. All I can count on are these positive thoughts because my body is doing its own thing. Please try to stay positive. Fx for some good news!
    Me: +35 DH: +35
    TTC: Since January 2013 
    DX: PCOS. Severe Endometriosis, Unicornuate Uterus w/only left tube and left ovary, Pedunculated fibroid (on the outside of uterus) and Anovulation. All conditions diagnosed 8/13
    TX: Metformin
    DH DX: MFI - low morphology, low motility
    Ultrasound shows both kidneys in spite of UU. 
    HSG showed clear tube on the left side. 
    Lap Surgery performed 1/9/14 to remove fibroid and endo (Stage 3)
    • IUI# 1 June 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 13: BFN
    • IUI#2  July 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 5.75: BFN
    • Natural Cycle - so shocked to be in 2WW - 7dpo Progesterone: 15.5: BFN
    • Working with new RE starting injectables in late August.
    • IUI #3 August 2014  w/ Menopur: BFN
    • Finally ovulating on my own!!
    Waiting to start IVF hopefully
    **********All Are Welcome**************
    3T January Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolution

• jjgrl55jjgrl55 member
    That's gotta be insanely frustrating (I hate when I feel like I know more than my doctor!). Hopefully this month will be the right cocktail to get things moving. Also, don't worry about the "right time" stuff. Like you said, people who really shouldn't have babies have them all the time and for the most part make it work. You can definitely do it!
    Me & DH: 24 Married: 5/11
    Started TTC: 12/12 Testing Started: 5/14
    Dx: Irregular Ovulation, possible PCOS
    Treatment starting July '14: Letrozole + Trigger + TI
    Surprise natural BFP right before starting meds!!!!!- EDD 3/7/15

• I am so so sorry you are going through all of this. Hopefully very soon your doctor will find the right meds to make you respond just right ((hugs))

Me (30) DH (31) Married 5/13, TTC since 2/13
    BFP #1 Blighted Ovum resulting in D&C on 11/1/13
    BFP #2 Ectopic Pg, lap surgery on 3/12/14, R tube removed

BFP # 3, EDD 2/21/15 * please be our rainbow*
  • ((Hugs)). As I was reading your post, I was thinking that it is something that I could have written. I have had two cancelled cycles with Gonal-F. The first one I made it to CD 46 with only light spotting on CD 19 and 20. I used Provera to help kick start. This last one, cancelled just over a week ago, is potentially going to do the same thing. C and I are moving to IVF as a result. I hear ya on the student loans. As much as it kills me, I'm putting some of my Federal ones in forebearance so that we could afford a loan for IVF. Others may not agree with that, but a lot of thought went in to our decision making regarding it. Feel free to PM me if you need extra support.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• TVLilyTVLily member
    Sending you lots of ((hugs)) lady. IF is a brutal road and pcos is an evil witch.

My last two cycles I've had no response, it definitely makes you question the whole process when you can't even get ovulating down to try.

@TTCBabyJ‌ I agree with you there, I often think of those scenarios in my head too.

EDD 5/2/14, NMC 9/11/13
    EDD 10/15/14, CP 2/8/14

IF Diagnosis: PCOS, MFI 

Current Cycle: 5 mg Femara/1000mg Metformin + TI = BFP, EDD 4/23/15 Please be our RAINBOW

**ALL AL/IF Welcome**
    My Chart

• I'm sorry you are going through that. FX that the new protocol is just the right cocktail for you!

********Siggy/Ticker Warning***********

Me (35) no known issues DH (37) MFI. TTC 21 months (24 cycles)
    Dx MFI with low to normal count, low motility, morphology 3%
    HSG normal, ultrasound and labs on me all normal. 

1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and IUI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    Started seeing an RE!!
    2 more cycles of clomid 50mg (great response), with IUI and Pregnyl trigger (4.8-8 mil good ones after wash) = all BFN
    1 cycle of clomid 50mg (3-7) followed by Follistim 75iu (7-11) + IUI = BFN
    December 2013 DH saw urologist and is taking Anastrozole, CoQ10, and L-Carnitine
    IUI #5 natural cycle (needed a med break) = BFN
    IUI #6 Follistim 75iu (CD3-10) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI (final count after wash 300K) = BFN
    IUI #7 Follistim 75iu (CD3-9) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI on 2/20 (post wash count 12.5 million)= BFN
    IUI cancelled (DH OOT) Clomid 50mg (CD3-7) 1 follicle +(not well timed) TI = BFN
    IUI #8 and last one!! Clomid 100mg (CD3-7) +OPK before US + IUI 4/17 (post wash 8.5 mil)= BFN

Pre-IVF testing complete! SHG great and measurements taken! Labs for infectious diseases completed, FSH (5.4), TSH (1.6), Prolactin (11), AMH (2.6), Estradiol (40).

Started BCP 5/29 and Lupron 6/11 prep for IVF #1! Started follistim 225u/day on 6/28. Monitoring on 7/2 >15 follicles measuring 11-14, E2 758. Monitoring on 7/5 all ready to go!! Great follicle sizes and lining is at 9. Tigger 7/5, ER 7/7 16R 9M 3F. Stimmed too fast in just 7 days. 7/10 3dt of 2 8-cell grade 2 & 4. 7/14 P4 >60.
    Holy crap BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (14dpo) 7/21 112 Beta #2 (16dpo) 7/23 286 a Beta #3 (18dpo) 7/25 761 Beta #4 (21dpo) 2631!!! Hold on tight little embies!!
      First Ultrasound 8/7- 1 perfect little bean with a beating heart 117bpm!! EDD 3/30.
    Second ultrasound 9/2 Little bean measuring a few days ahead with a heart rate of 161!

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker

March 15 Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• Ugh I'm sorry you are having a difficult time. :( I understand the frustration, especially with wondering why the doctor didn't just go with that plan in the first month. I started injectables this month in addition to Letrozole and am afraid ill overstimulate because I've responded fairly well overall to Letrozole alone. I've had one cancelled cycle so far and I cannot imagine having much more and continuing because THAT definitely does seem like we're throwing money away. And I, too, wonder why the RE didn't add this earlier if he feels so confident it could make a difference!

I have had thoughts too about maybe not ever being able to have children. In a way even though it is depressing I feel like it is our way of trying to protect ourselves. As long as you keep getting treatments you have reason to keep having hope! Has IVF been considered since you are consistently over stimulating?

Just wanted to add that I'm also with you on the acne. This medication is horrible!!!!!

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • Von112Von112 member
    Hi everyone, @mommalawer, @TTCBABYJ, @Danielle0311, @StacyLH24, @TVLily, @Lillovebug79, @jencity9  I wanted to address you all and say thank you so much for all you kind words and support. I get so bugged down with this stuff. I tend to sometimes get into my hole and stay there for a while so it helps to read such kind words from people who understand when I come out.
    Yes we have inquired about IVF and it is very expensive but the nurse told us about a website that give loans for that exact reason. I have it written down someone, but yes if it gets too much or goes on too long we are willing to try that and just endure another loan. I am now taking oral progesterone and hopefully the beginning of June I will get a good cycle and am able to see it through to doing an IUI. We shall see and I will update all of you! Thanks you ladies!!! Hugs for everyone

Still Tryng...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"