April 2013 Moms
Options

Popping over from the other A13

Hallo! Coming over from Aug '13 with a few questions...

Now that y'all's LOs are 1--are they off the bottle? Night weaned? 3 meals a day & 2 snacks?

So my little man is 9 mo, and the pedi says he needs to be doing all those things by 1 year. Seems fairly standard. But I'm not sure how to get there. Make any sense?!

He is crappy w a sippy cup. Wil feed himself, but it mostly ends up on the floor. Doesn't want 3 meals. And loves night boob.

Or are all these things like "the baby should STTN by 4 mo," good ideas in theory but crap IRL.

Thanks ladies!

PS I apologize if you've all talked these issues to death. I'm mobile 99% of the time and it's kinda hard to shift through everything.

Re: Popping over from the other A13

• Options
    Jdubb13 said:

LEMSA said:  1--are they off the bottle? Night weaned? 3 meals a day & 2 snacks?

Yes to all the above. We skipped the sippy cup and went straight to a straw cup. I totally agree with @melandjames14. It's a gradual process and you have plenty of time, but your LO will get there.

This

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Rhys mostly sleeps through the night. He sometimes wakes up once, but we soothe back to sleep and do not feed him in the MOTn. I weaned from MOTN nursing after his nine month appt at our pediatrician's recommendation. Rhys still nurses three times a day but also drinks some cows milk out of a sippy. We haven't given him a bottle since he turned one. He definitely eats three meals a day, but he doesn't always snack. Just keep working towards it and it all falls into place :-)
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope.... I EBF so we never did a bottle went straight to a cup with a straw. She only gets water but does great. My LO has NEVER STTN and would live on my boob if she could. I still nurse at night (although she wakes a lot she only eats about twice). I do 3 meals a day but she doesn't eat very much. She eats great at dinner and everything else is just luck. My LO has always been chunky so our pediatrician isn't worried. The pediatrician is supportive as long as we are working on it and making healthy choices. MOTN wakes she says are not necessary but the only bother me so she says when I have had enough I can work on it.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    danuli8danuli8 member
    DS sleeps through the night now, thank God, but he was still nursing once a night at 9 months. The pedi said he didn't need it any more and to just try sending my husband in or waiting 5 minutes to see if he would settle on his own. Within a week he was STTN and no longer nursing at night.

He drinks out of an open cup pretty well (I have to hold it for him, obviously) and eats 3 meals a day (snacks are only occasional), but sometimes a "meal" is three green beans or a few penne noodles and that's it. And food still gets thrown on the floor (though that now ends the meal).

Don't be too worried if your LO is not that interested in table food yet, or if he makes a huge mess. It's a gradual process. If any of the things you mention really, really bother you, pick the one that bothers you the most and work on that one thing as much as you can.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    LEMSALEMSA member
    Thanks ladies. As a FTM, I had no idea about bedtime battles. So when I had issues, I kinda thought it was just me. None of my IRL friends mentioned how bedtime can go. My BMB all were going through the same. If I knew that in advance, I may have tried bedtime differently a long time ago.

I wasn't sure if this boob/bottle to food transition would be another battle id have to work on. If there was anything I could do now to make it easier. But this seems like it's easier of a transition.
  • Options
    LEMSA said:
    Hallo! Coming over from Aug '13 with a few questions... Now that y'all's LOs are 1--are they off the bottle? Night weaned? 3 meals a day & 2 snacks? So my little man is 9 mo, and the pedi says he needs to be doing all those things by 1 year. Seems fairly standard. But I'm not sure how to get there. Make any sense?! He is crappy w a sippy cup. Wil feed himself, but it mostly ends up on the floor. Doesn't want 3 meals. And loves night boob. Or are all these things like "the baby should STTN by 4 mo," good ideas in theory but crap IRL. Thanks ladies! PS I apologize if you've all talked these issues to death. I'm mobile 99% of the time and it's kinda hard to shift through everything.
    My DD is off the bottle, she has been STTN since 4 months so we are night weaned as well and she does get 3 meals and at least 2 snacks daily. Some days she doesn't get up to the recommended 14 - 16oz daily intake of milk but I don't sweat it - she eats plenty and also has yogurt and/or cheese as a snack most days.

I think you're on the right track with introducing a sippy for milk now - we actually didn't start till after she turned one although she drank water well from sippies since about 6 months. Just keep trying and he'll get it eventually.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Options
    JSS1002JSS1002 member
    He's not off the bottle (haha) but he sleeps and is eating 3 meals + 1-2 snacks per day.  We're really struggling with the sippy cup thing because he just hatttttttttttttttttes them.  Doc wants him off bottle by 15 months.  It may or may not happen and I"m not losing sleep over it -- I figure he'll have it figured out before he leaves for college. ;-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"