April 2013 Moms

My Sucky Parent Day Has Come...

As you'all know, I am a huge failure at getting Warner to STTN. He usually starts the night in the PnP but ultimately ends up in bed with us. Well... last night I just could not get him transitioned to the PnP so I just let him sleep in our bed, like he's done a zillion times. 10:30pm we hear sudden crying on the monitor and yep :::::tail between legs::::: Warner fell off our bed. Thankfully our bed is super low to the ground, AND he somehow managed to land on my giant down pillow. But... I think this was a higher power telling me, "It's PnP time, skidderdo."

FX our sleeping issues improve if we can find a reasonably priced 2 bedroom in the DC area this summer. Sigh... I suck.
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
           Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
        Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!

Re: My Sucky Parent Day Has Come...

• Hey don't beat yourself up over this! You are a super fantastic momma and Warner seems happy and healthy so you've obviously done a lot of things right !! I'm sure you will find the perfect place when the timing is right! I'm glad Warner is okay.
  • Aw, dude. I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better, when Mila was 6 weeks old, my mom and I were taking the kids for a walk. I rolled Mila out (in the car seat attached to my UBV, thanks God) out onto our front landing, which is 5 steps above the ground. I turned to lock the door and, since I had forgotten to lock the brake, Mila rolled to and FLIPPED down the stairs and landed upside down suspended by her thankfully-fully-harnessed car seat straps. I still have shivers thinking about it. You're not a bad parent.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Happens to us all girlfriend, in one form or another.  They are resilient little buggers.
    imageimageimage
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    Fortunately he's a child genius with plenty of brain cells to spare.

I kid. It happens to most parents eventually that a kid will have an accident that you feel like you could/should have prevented. But you are human, accidents happen, and fortunately kids are tough and resilient little buggers.
  • Just happened today. We napped together and I got up to pee.
    I still feel horrible....
  • Yeah cece we are sardines in a 1 bedroom right now. Crib definitely would not fit. Honestly I wish we had the space for like a twin sized mattress on the floor because he sleeps soooooo much better in bed compared to the PnP. As yes it really sucks to learn the hard way... I just feel stupid because it was a preventable accident.
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    I literally watched James fall right off my bed one day while I was changing clothes.  I was like 5 feet away from him, he wasjn't crawling yet but was starting to scoot, and I was changing clothes after work while DH was out of town... watching James and thinking "this is a bad idea.I should really grab him.  He could fall off the bed any min--"

BAM.  Fell off the bed and landed on his back and screamed his head off and I wanted to kill myself for like 2 days.

IT happens.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Dd usually ends up in our bed too unless I just let her CIO. If we lived In a 1 bedroom apartment I have no doubt she would be in bed with us every night. You're not a bad mom!! Dd fell off the bed when I was literally a foot away a few months ago.

imageimageimage

• love4blove4b member
    Yeah, that sucks. B fell off the bed a few months ago when I was literally standing right there. She was sitting up in almost the middle if the bed with a pillow on either edge and out of nowhere she just dove for one of the pillows and went right off the side - luckily onto carpet and she took the pillow with her, so she kinda landed on that. I was standing at the end of the bed and just didn't catch her in time. 

She was more scared than anything, but I felt awful. Just kept reminding myself of what my midwife told me when I felt like I was screwing everything up in the first few weeks - babies were designed to be raised in caves. They are fierce little people. :)

• @skidderdo have you tried buying a mattress for the pack n play. I think the brand is dream on...3 inch mattress. G sleeps horribly on a pack n play but once I added the mattress she sleeps much better!! And it's only like $30!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @skidderdo have you tried buying a mattress for the pack n play. I think the brand is dream on...3 inch mattress. G sleeps horribly on a pack n play but once I added the mattress she sleeps much better!! And it's only like $30!!

You are a life saver! Going to purchase as we speak!!! I think this is the main issue, he kicks his legs in the PnP and it's like "THUMP!!" and wakes him up. Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"