September 2014 Moms
Options

Britax B Agile Stroller?

Anyone have any experience to share with the Britax B Agile stroller? Thinking about adding this to our registry or purchasing one, and there isn't a store nearby that has one for us to check it out in person, so we'd have to order online. It seems to have pretty awesome reviews, but I am a little concerned because there are a few consistent complaints about the same few problems.

It seems the biggest complaint is that when little one is ready to sit upright, the seat doesn't go up far enough, and people feel it leans too far back. There are complaints that the way the seat sits, there's no way for them to reach the attachable tray unless they pull themselves up, and if they do that, there's no back support. At first I thought this was just someone not using it properly, but I've seen a couple similar complaints. But there are tons and tons of excellent reviews that outweigh that... so I'm curious if this is an actual concern or user error?

If you did use the Britax B Agile stroller, how did you like it? Was it easy to fold up and open on your own? Did you have any issues with the seating aspect? Did you use a britax infant carrier to start? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

Thanks for the feedback!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Britax B Agile Stroller?

• Options
    nyg2042nyg2042 member
    I can't comment on the seat issue, as I will be a FTM.  H and I did a lot of research on the B-Agile vs. the City Mini.  I can say that the B-Agile is extremely easy to close.  You press a button on the side, and then pull a handle and voila.  We also looked into the B-Safe car seat, and it very easily clicks right into the stroller.  We liked the maneuverability of the stroller and it seemed very sturdy.  We are leaning toward the travel system (B-Agile and B-Safe) because of the ease of use.  If you do go with the B-Agile, I would think about getting the parent console (sold separately).  It has two cup holders and a little storage area for your phone/wallet. 

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

• Options
    emmylu30emmylu30 member
    edited May 2014
    We have had the BSafe and BAgile travel system since DS was born in July 2012 and we love it.  The stroller is so easy to fold up with one hand and maneuver and is super light weight for a full size stroller.  As for the complaints about the child tray I would agree however it is not a big deal in my opinion.  The seat is pretty deep and my son has always just had his snacks in a snack catcher on the seat or we will tether the snack catcher/sippy cup to the stroller using this or this.  Instead of buying the Britax brand parent console we got this one and it has been great and fits perfectly plus a lot cheaper. Overall I think it is a great choice especially when they have the travel systems on sale.  

Edit to add this stroller had a recall recently for models made before June 10, 2013 so I would recommend getting the 2014 version or making sure you can get a repair kit if you purchase one made before then. 
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    emmylu30 said:
    We have had the BSafe and BAgile travel system since DS was born in July 2012 and we love it.  The stroller is so easy to fold up with one hand and maneuver and is super light weight for a full size stroller.  As for the complaints about the child tray I would agree however it is not a big deal in my opinion.  The seat is pretty deep and my son has always just had his snacks in a snack catcher on the seat or we will tether the snack catcher/sippy cup to the stroller using this or this.  Instead of buying the Britax brand parent console we got this one and it has been great and fits perfectly plus a lot cheaper. Overall I think it is a great choice especially when they have the travel systems on sale.  

Edit to add this stroller had a recall recently for models made before June 10, 2013 so I would recommend getting the 2014 version or making sure you can get a repair kit if you purchase one made before then. 
    Those attachment things look great! I'll make sure to get a few things. Thanks for the feedback about our experience with it and with the issue I was concerned about. That helps! I did hear about the recall, and the one we'd purchase via amazon is the 2014 version.

• Options
    FTM here too but we did purchase the b-agile ( but the double stroller version) we love it so far. When it came in DH put it together and made me open in up close it up lift it in my car etc... Very light compared to the others! ( and double strollers are HEAVY!!!)
  • Options
    Our baby is due 9/29 and after hours upon hours of research, grilling my friends that have the bagile system, and numerous trips to bru to test them out, we registered for it. I think we made the right choice. As it has good reviews and my friends rave about it. We also registered for the mcclaren lightweight stroller. Only time will tell :)
  • Options
    I registered for this too. Seems like the Rolls Royce of strollers to me ;)

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • Options
    TheNuttTheNutt member
    Kelmaz323 said:
    We also registered for the mcclaren lightweight stroller. Only time will tell :)
    I LOVED my McClaren stroller. It was great when the kids were older and we were on the go.

I am going to buy a used Britax Agile. This is our last child so I can't justify buying it new :) We did get a Britax Bsafe infant car seat also.

• Options
    this is second hand knowledge, but thought i'd add my two cents in case you find it helpful. my very good friend, who's daughter was born last July, got this stroller (and the b-safe infant car seat). she loves it. highly recommended it to me. her only complaint was the the under-seat storage area is pretty small, but that's it. i can't comment on the seat leaning issue, myself.

good luck :)

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    epaprnepaprn member
    We registered for the B Agile and B Safe. Britax owns BOB - so their infant seats are compatible with the BOB jogging strollers with an adaptor piece. Supposedly Britax is one of the safest, even their convertibles, and my SIL's highly recommended them.

TTC since 3/2012 
    Started charting 12/2012 
    BFP 2/10/13 - MC 3/4/13 
    BFP 6/23/13 - CP 6/27/13 
    BFP 12/31/13 EDD 9/11/14  **please be our rainbow baby!**

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    I'm a FTM too and just checked out the B-Agile and B-Safe at a store. My husband wanted to research it (i.e. play with it), he's very hands-on. The car seat was super easy to click in and out of the stroller, it was easy to collapse, it's light and seemed very sturdy. I also liked how the shade canopies came together (on the stroller and the car seat) to close almost completely. We happened to run into a STM there who said that she had that system and loved it. It was really cool to talk to someone face-to-face who had used it. I'm 90% sure that we will get this system, my only point of uncertainty is whether or not we should just go for the B-Ready stroller because we hope to have kids fairly close together.   

• Options
    mstumblesonmstumbleson member
    edited May 2014
    Lurker here... The BOB motion stroller is almost identical to the B-agile, and as mentioned before is owned by the same company. The difference is in the tires and suspension that make the BOB better for rough terrain. DH and I bought the BOB last week on clearance at BBB plus were able to use a 20% coupon. It made the BOB cost about the same as the B-agile. Something to think about for those of you looking at the B-agile. Baby Gizmo has a great side by side review of the two on YouTube that I found helpful. I'd post a link, but can't seem to figure it out on my mobile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"