November 2014 Moms
Options

Lightheaded/Dizzy

I keep getting dizzy and lightheaded even when I'm sitting down?!?! Has anyone else been like this? I did put a call to my doctor, waiting for a return call.

Re: Lightheaded/Dizzy

• Options
    Have you had anything to eat recently? I find I start feeling a bit shaky and lightheaded if I don't eat on a regular schedule... Like every two hours. I was like this before I got pregnant, but not so extreme in the amount of time between feedings.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Celticlass6‌ I try to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks in between. Each time it has happened I have already ate. I've noticed my mouth is dry a lot too.....could be nothing but normal pregnancy symptoms but was alarming to me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe try to drink more water? Hope it's nothing serious!
  • Options
    @ambular81. Hmm I think I've heard that lightheadedness is a symptom, but as I'm a FTM, I'm not really sure. FX you hear back from the doctor soon and its a normal thing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My friend had this problem. Her doctor said she needed more protein in her diet. I would see what your doctor says.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    Now that I am pregnant, I get that way when I don't drink enough water. When I am at work this happens from time to time. I start to get thirsty/dry mouth and if I can't get away to get some water (with a customer, or something) then I will get small dizzy spells and light headed. No fun at all.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yes and apparantly I've become super clumsy!
  • Options
    Went this morning and did the fasting sugar test. Waiting for the results. Doctor did say to eat more protein and more frequent meals.
  • Options
    Jpinky9Jpinky9 member
    I have this happen a few times. I have really low blood pressure and my OB said that that is what causes my lightheaded feeling. Usually when I feel that way I try and eat something salty, apparently salt helps raise blood pressure. Like pp have said, keep drinking lots of water and eat regularly.
  • Options
    I asked about this the last time I was at the doctor and they told me that I was dehydrated, whether I felt it or not, due to baby. I increased what I drink daily and it's pretty much gone. Maybe it'd help you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"