September 2012 Moms

Stinky shoes

Please god tell me someone has a fix to this problem.  I wear shoes without socks and the odor might kill me.

Also, does anyone have a shoe stretcher they like, or do only 90 yr olds with corns use those?  :D
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

Re: Stinky shoes

• I wish I could help you but all of my flats are about to end up in the trash because of this. I never had stinky feet prior to having children.

• I don't have a solution for the odor, but Eversave just had a deal on a shoe stretcher the other day.

I don't know if it's good or not though.  Also, are you talking about flats?  Get the little no-show liners that go inside flats.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Either Peds or the Odor Eaters inserts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • But you have to do it from day 1 - once they stink, they stink.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MomtobeNJ said:
    But you have to do it from day 1 - once they stink, they stink.
    damn!

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • If they're flats that are the canvas kind (ie, kind that can get wet) soak them in a sinkful of baking soda overnight, then wash them with like tide or something equally harsh the next day.  I have a pair of foldable shoes that I like so much I wore for like a month straight and they smelled terrible.  Overnight soak & wash and they're good as new. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Someone on my FB yesterday randomly posted that Gran's Remedy is a miracle for stinky feet.  I can't vouch for it, but I figure she must really have liked it to post about it, since she really hasn't posted about products much before...

Photo: If you have stinky shoes this stuff is magic!...
  • BPerBPer member
    Add me to the foot stank club. It is awful. I wear sandals to work, and act like its because IDGAF, but really it's an attempt to avoid wearing regular shoes...because...stank.

• miss50miss50 member
    Details on the types of shoes please?

I've used Tide before on the insoles.  I've left them outside for a couple days and they were good as new.  I'm speaking of athletic shoes of course. 

• I saw on pinterest to use rubbing alcohol. DH tried it because his feet are TERRIBLE. Like, his dirty socks are crunchy. Vomit. Anyway, he says its been working for him. Spray your shoes with alcohol every time you're done wearing them or morning and night. Good luck.

http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • misspunky said:
    I saw on pinterest to use rubbing alcohol. DH tried it because his feet are TERRIBLE. Like, his dirty socks are crunchy. Vomit. Anyway, he says its been working for him. Spray your shoes with alcohol every time you're done wearing them or morning and night. Good luck.
    That makes sense, because I would think it's bacteria that is causing the problem. 

Gran's Remedy has good reviews, but OY that's expensive!  I have heard colloidal silver can do the trick as well, as it's a natural bac killer. 

So............. maybe I'll start with the cheapest (rubbing alcohol) and work my way from there.  Thanks, ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"