Parenting after a Loss

It goes by so fast!

DD will be 10 months tomorrow and I just can't believe how much she has changed and how quickly it has gone by. I find myself wanting to freeze time for just a little bit so I can take a deep breath and take it all in. DH and I are not in a place where we are ready to have another but I would like to in the next couple of years. I had wanted two more but I think we're probably only going to be able to get one more in due to my age, if that. I would like to be able to enjoy the process a little more a second time around, having done it once before. But we are talking about being a couple of years from even considering trying and I am worried that my age is going to limit us and we may not get the chance. 

There's really no point to this other than to say, first I am super grateful we have our little one. Second, I just wish that the process hadn't taken so long so that we will have one or two less children than we had wanted. I guess I am just dealing with how fast she's growing and how hard we worked to have her and it seems like before we know it she's going to be all grown up and, although everyone says this, I just can't believe how fast she's growing up.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: It goes by so fast!

• I too get sad when I realize how quickly DS is growing up. I love each stage he goes through, but also miss the stages he has passed through. I wish I could just bottle him up sometimes!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• I totally get where you're coming from! It seems like just yesterday Baby Boots was this tiny little thing in a NICU incubator eating 1/2 an ounce at a time and now here he is sitting in his high chair cramming a banana into his mouth. What?? And we definitely want more and we want to get going on that but I don't want to take away from any of the time and energy I have for Baby Boots, let alone breast milk which is a whole other deal.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Loading the player...
  • km_mdkm_md member
    So true! Everyone says how fast it goes but you never quite get it until you have kids of your own. It's been over a year since I first found out I was pregnant and now I have this awesome little bean that does cool new things every day. Blows my mind!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"