Parenting after a Loss
Options

TTC a Rainbow Sibling Check-in *****BFP Warning!!!*****

almostamissusalmostamissus member
edited May 2014 in Parenting after a Loss
Welcome to the TTC a Rainbow Sibling check-in. This check-in is a for TTCAL-ers with living children to talk about the issues about TTCAL while you have a living child. Living children and pictures of living children are welcome here, however if your pictured child is an infant (< a year old), please do place a warning at the beginning of your post to alert ladies who are having a hard day. You do not have to be active on the PAL board in order to be a member of this check-in, however, if you plan on posting on the main board please post an intro there.

All are welcome to join us! Please give us an intro with the following information if you wish: name(s)/age(s) of your child(ren), EDD(s) and where you are in your TTC journey.

If you get a BFP please send almostamissus or frenchteachermama a private PM so I can add you to our graduates list.

Good day ladies!
A big special congrats to our check-in leader @MoreThanSparrows08‌ who got her official bfp today! Please pm her your best wishes or find her on the Pregnant after Loss board.

As a result, myself and @Frenchteachermama‌ will be running the checkin. We are still getting things straightened out, so I apologize for not tagging or having your info this week, but we should be good to go with that by next week. In the meantime, please update us and tell us how things are going this week!

QOTW: What traits in others are you attracted to and what ones do you try hardest to instill in your kids?

@anglndsguse44
@bookishmomma
@bootsorhearts
@ellebelle2384
@Frenchteachermama
@graceanne927‌
@kj808
@longcat07
@mara005
@Missa_g‌
@Mom2anAngel2
@NoeliaV‌
@sergeantb44
@srcr2011‌
@stephy1221
@sunnydaysarehere
@TMaggie0424
@anitaflora‌
@Lizzyrella‌
@mikeANDjen448 @‌pinksandbermuda
@PittPurple

ETA: tags!

Re: TTC a Rainbow Sibling Check-in *****BFP Warning!!!*****

• Options
    Thanks for the check in @almostamissus!  I love the QOTW!!

AFM:  I'm on CD 6 of my second IUI cycle, my first cycle with the new RE.  Even though I like this RE so much better, the practice SO much different from the last.  The first did something called "blanket approach to infertility" where they treat you for all kinds of crazy things you don't even have and monitor you like crazy from the beginning of the process.   This RE is definitely more traditional, I went in for CD 3 blood work and started the Femara and I don't go back again until Monday CD 10.  This is my last chance before we head down the IVF road so I would love any extra thoughts and prayers sent my way over the next few weeks.  I hope this cycle works but if it doesn't I we already have our pre-IVF appointments scheduled with my doctor.

QOTW:  I absolutely love to see children who include others and are really good friends to one another.  Our neighbors have 2 girls who are much older than mine but they always make sure that my kids are included in the neighborhood games and are so kind to my girls.  My mom said that's how my sister and I were as little kids and I hope I can instill that in my children.  I want to raise kind, loving,a nd inclusive kids!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Options
    Thanks @almostamissus and @frenchteachermama for the check in!!! You ladies are wonderful!

BIG CONGRATS to @morethansparrows. I was lurking on TTCAL yesterday and was hoping to hear good news today! We will miss you here.

Things are going good. AF is on her way out and I am nervous and excited. I'm not temping or charting. I am really bad at that, so lets see what happens.

QOTW: What traits in others are you attracted to and what ones do you try hardest to instill in your kids?
    Kindness. I want my son (and future children) to be kind to everyone. Regardless of what others stand for or believe in. I want to instill our faith in our kids, and have them stand up for it, but be kind to others is just as important. I want them to see the beauty and goodness in all things and people, even in a negative ugly world. My son is very persistent, driven, strong willed and stubborn. Those are good qualities to have if directed in the right way. I want to show him the right way to use those characteristics.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Frenchteachermama‌ Geeze! I'm glad you have a new Re who isn't going to over medicate you! That would scare the pants off me! And definitely tons of love and thoughts and prayers your way!

@srcr2011‌ Boo for af! I first found charting irritating bc I would forget, but once I got in the habit it really provides so much information! Good luck with it
  • Options
    Thanks for the check in @almostamissus!  I love the QOTW!!

AFM:  I'm on CD 6 of my second IUI cycle, my first cycle with the new RE.  Even though I like this RE so much better, the practice SO much different from the last.  The first did something called "blanket approach to infertility" where they treat you for all kinds of crazy things you don't even have and monitor you like crazy from the beginning of the process.   This RE is definitely more traditional, I went in for CD 3 blood work and started the Femara and I don't go back again until Monday CD 10.  This is my last chance before we head down the IVF road so I would love any extra thoughts and prayers sent my way over the next few weeks.  I hope this cycle works but if it doesn't I we already have our pre-IVF appointments scheduled with my doctor.

QOTW:  I absolutely love to see children who include others and are really good friends to one another.  Our neighbors have 2 girls who are much older than mine but they always make sure that my kids are included in the neighborhood games and are so kind to my girls.  My mom said that's how my sister and I were as little kids and I hope I can instill that in my children.  I want to raise kind, loving,a nd inclusive kids!
    @frenchteachermama I have everything crossed and lots of prayers that this is your cycle!! I hope the new RE's approach works out better for you! Million hugs!!!  It good your have your IVF appt, and hopefully you will need to cancel it.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thank you for the check-in! Congratulations to MoreThanSparrows08! I am 6 DPO and it has been a struggle, I want to test but I know I need to wait. I have been having lots of cramping the last few days and I hope that is a good sign that something amazing is happening. Blessed Wishes to all of you wonderful ladies!
     Married: June 9, 2011 
    TTC Baby #1: January 2012
    Baby #1: BFP: February 16, 2012, EDD: October 24, 2012, July 2, 2012, we found out we are expecting a GIRL :)!
    11-2-2012 @ 12:55am, 41 weeks and 1 day, Kendall Rose was born, weighting 7lb. and 12oz.
    TTC Baby #2: June 2013
    Baby #2: BFP: August 16, 2013, EDD: April 18, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl  "Christian AprilMC: August 24, 2013 @ 5 weeks and 1 day
    TTC Baby #3: October 2013
    Baby #3: BFP: December 31, 2013   EDD: September 8, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl "Sweet Pea September" stopped growing January 12 @ 6 weeks  (Missed Miscarriage), D and C: January 28, 2014 @ 8 weeks 2 days
    Baby #4: BFP: June 13, 2014 EDD: February 25, 2015, October 10, 2014, we found out we are expecting a BOY :)!
    "Love Bears all things, hopes all things, and endures all things"
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Mom2anAngel2Mom2anAngel2 member
    edited May 2014

@Frenchteachermama - I am glad you like your new RE.  I will be sending extra good vibes your way.  Thanks for co-hosting the check-in.

@srcr2011- Good luck this cycle. 

Neary2011 - I hope the cramping is a good sign  for you.

TMaggie0424 - Sorry that you feel this month is a bust.  I hope all goes well with the wedding that you are coordinating.

@almostamissus - Thank you for the check-in.  I look forward to it every week.

AFM:  I am currently 16 dpo.  If AF doesn't show up tomorrow I will test.  I am not really sure what to think.  I am actually trying not to think about it.  If AF shows, next cycle we will do a full dose of Femara, but everything else will stay the same.  I am a bit stressed out trying to get everything ready for my brother's wedding next weekend.  I need to take in DH's vest (he lost too much weight).  I also need to make DS's bow tie smaller.  I got the smallest one I could find, but it still wraps around his neck twice.  I am also stressing that the diaper cover that I ordered for DS from Etsy will not arrive on time (I ordered it 2 months ago).  He will be wearing his kilt for the first time and every time I have tried it on him he likes to lift it up over his head.  I ordered a green diaper cover with shamrocks on it.  I though it would be cute under the kilt.  Hopefully it comes in on time.

QOTW:  I am most attracted to kindness and faith.  We have been trying to teach DS to say the "magic words," please and thank you.  We also have been teaching him to say grace before meals and to say bedtime prayers.  I hope he will embrace our faith and be able to follow the faith by showing kindness throughout his life.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    Thanks for the checkin @almostamissus!  How are you doing this week?

I'm on CD10 of another post-loss cycle.  I finally stopped spotting earlier this week and the dull right sided pain I had been having has stopped.  I think it's going to be a wonky cycle but that's okay because we're not trying this month anyway.  We have an appt. set up with a RE on June 4th and are just in waiting mode until then.  My OB ran some blood work for me in the meantime and everything (CBC, thrombophilia, and TSH with reflex to FT4) came back normal except a part of the anticardiolipin antibody test came back as "indeterminate".  The OB had no idea of what to make of that so I called the office and let them know and asked if someone could call me back if they wanted another draw to recheck.  I'm supposed to hear back tomorrow morning about that.  Just trying to distract myself with projects and work and not get ahead of myself with worry until our appointment.

QOTW: We're trying to work on kindness and giving, two things we find to be very important.  Two things that can be tough to teach a toddler. ;)
    Me: 31     DH: 33
    Dx: Me: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; DH: Low Morphology (2%)
    BFP#1: MC 3/1/11 at 6w1d - EDD 10/21/11
    BFP#2: 5/3/11 - EDD 1/9/12 - DD Born 1/6/12
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#3: MC 2/8/14 at 4w5d - EDD 10/13/14
    BFP#4: MC 5/6/14 at 4w4d - EDD 1/9/15
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    BFP#6: CP 11/6/14 at 4w2d - EDD 7/14/15
    IVF #1 with ICSI & PGS: May/June 2015, ER 6/3/15, 17R/17M/15F
    IVF #2 with ICSI & PGS: July 2015, ER 7/16/15, 16R/11M/9F
    PGS results = 6 normal embryos (4 boys, 2 girls)
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Natural FET 11/4/15 = BFP!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• Options
    @Frenchteachermama - Best of luck with this cycle!  I hope the new RE is your good luck charm!

@srcr2011 and @Neary2011 - FX for you this cycle too!

@TMaggie0424 - Glad things went well with the meeting today, that sounds like so much fun!  Sorry it’s been a rough week but hope things calm down soon!

@Mom2anAngel2 - GL tomorrow!  Hope you will be heading over to the other check-in very soon! ;)
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• Options
    almostamissusalmostamissus member
    edited May 2014
    @Neary2011‌ Here's hoping those niggly pains are a sign!

@TMaggie0424‌ Hopefully you'll still be able to see a pattern and if not thunderstorms can't last forever, right? I was terrified of them as a little kid too, but now I love them!

@Mom2anAngel2‌ 16 dpo? Wow, you have way more restraint than me! Weddings are always so hectic! The shamrock diaper cover sounds like a good idea. Just remember though, if it doesn't come in on time everyone will be focused on how adorable your DS is... Think of the pictures! lol.

@ellebelle2384‌ (((big hugs))) to you. Im glad to hear you're not in pain anymore. I'm sorry you have to get your bloodwork repeated. But if it is positive, I'm think it's a simple fix, I know the waiting can be tough but it sounds like your handling it well.
  • Options

@MoreThanSparrows08‌ Congrats on the BFP!! You have provided so much support for so many of us!

@almostamissus‌ & @Frenchteachermama‌ Thank you for the check - in:

AFM: I am 9DPO and things are looking good so far.  I can usually tell with my temps by now that AF is on her way.  No signs of her yet.  I have been super moody though, trying to tell myself it is hormonal and not PMS.. LOL  I am trying to hold out until  Sunday to test which will be 12DPO and AF should be here.  I might for giggles just because I have so many cheapies POAS in the morning when I get off work.

@Frenchteachermama I am glad you like the new  RE, I can't imagine the added stress to treatment and not liking your doc!

@neary2011 FX for you that it is a good sign!

@srcr2011 never been so glad to see her go I am sure!! Don't let the door hit you...

@tmaggie0424 sorry your chart is a hot mess, I know the feeling I work nights so sometimes my temps are at 445 and others are at 2PM. We have had lots of thunderstorms here as well. they make for great sleeping weather, unless there is a LO.

@Mom2anAngel2 How have you not tested yet?  I am doing good if I can make it to 10DPO, FX that she doesn't show!

@ellebelle2384 I am sooo sorry you are back with us, hoping you get good lab results and don't need to repeat things.

QOTW:  My stepkids are much older, I am working with SO to teach them responsibility and independence.  We are always on the go so it is often much easier to "just do it" for them but it is getting to be a bit much, and with trying to add a LO I will need SO to help me and not have to worry so much if they have their entire uniforms or not..  I am not sure if it is harder to teach SO or the kids...LOL

Have a great week and FX that we have a few more BFP to report!

• Options
    @sergeantb44‌ I'm glad your temps are looking good. Fx for your testing!
  • Options
    Missa_gMissa_g member
    I'm either 5 or 6DPO. I had positive OPKs two days in a row with really significant EWCM and ovulation cramps so I'm not sure which. Our timing was great but I have no hope. I met with our RE and it did not go well. His only recommendation is IVF. I'm devastated since that means there are no treatment options for us. There is no way we can justify spending that much money on an attempt that doesn't even have a high possibility of success (estimated 20% with my crappy eggs). So yeah. We're going to continue on our own and I might seek a second opinion at some point. But right now I couldn't handle being told the same thing by a different doctor.

QOTW: politeness and compassion are biggies for me. The boys are already learning to say please and thank you which makes me happy. Compassion is a work in progress.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options
    Big huge hugs @Missa_g.  I really hope you can get a better second opinion at some point or maybe an option that could work for you and your family.  <3
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• Options
    @Missa_g‌ Oh dear! I'm sorry about the bad news! When you're ready, I definitely agree with getting a second opinion. Also, just a thought- is financing an option?
  • Options
    Today starts CD 1 for me, I was so hoping that this could have been our month, but it wasn't, so we will try again next month. FX for all you wonderful ladies this month!
     Married: June 9, 2011 
    TTC Baby #1: January 2012
    Baby #1: BFP: February 16, 2012, EDD: October 24, 2012, July 2, 2012, we found out we are expecting a GIRL :)!
    11-2-2012 @ 12:55am, 41 weeks and 1 day, Kendall Rose was born, weighting 7lb. and 12oz.
    TTC Baby #2: June 2013
    Baby #2: BFP: August 16, 2013, EDD: April 18, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl  "Christian AprilMC: August 24, 2013 @ 5 weeks and 1 day
    TTC Baby #3: October 2013
    Baby #3: BFP: December 31, 2013   EDD: September 8, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl "Sweet Pea September" stopped growing January 12 @ 6 weeks  (Missed Miscarriage), D and C: January 28, 2014 @ 8 weeks 2 days
    Baby #4: BFP: June 13, 2014 EDD: February 25, 2015, October 10, 2014, we found out we are expecting a BOY :)!
    "Love Bears all things, hopes all things, and endures all things"
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Somehow I missed this when it went up. Thanks for taking over the check-in @almostamissus and @frenchteachermama

I'm still waiting for betas to go down to less than 5 and for AF to arrive. I'm at CD22 after my D&C, so I'm thinking I might still have a long wait ahead. 

QOTW: I admire patience, probably because I don't have much! We are trying really hard to work on patience with DS.
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards