October 2012 Moms

So. Blankets.

Anyone's LO utilizing a blanket yet?  DS usually has his wadded up underneath him or next to him.  I drape it over him when I check on him on my way to bed, but he moves around so much it's the same story in the morning. 

No big concern (especially with summer coming), just wondering when kids start to cuddle up under the covers.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: So. Blankets.

• CnAnACnAnA member
    Yep. She has always used an A & A sheet and has used a crocheted blanket. At about 10m she started using the quilt that my mom made me as a baby.

Anyway she usually ends up with it at her feet.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • My mom bought B a super soft blanket that's also huge and of course that's the one she decided to become obsessed with.

• Loading the player...
  • C hoards blankets. But only yarn ones. She snuggles holding one and covers up with 2 more. So 3 in the crib, but it would be like 12 if we'd let her.
  • She sleeps with either an A&A blanket or a crocheted blanket each night. We cover her when we lay her down, but it usually ends up balled in the corner of he crib by morning. If she doesn't want to wake up in the morning, she pulls it over her face to block out the light.

View Full Size Image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Ds2 has a fluffy blanket that he is beginning to become attached to. He sleeps on top of it.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • It is only slightly bigger than receiving blanket size.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • The girls are obsessed with their plush blankies. We have to take them EVERYWHERE and they are seriously a mess without those damn blankets.

• Wesley has a blue crocheted blanket that goes everywhere and he sleeps with, but he is okay with any blanket at night as long as he can touch his blue blanket. He also has his lovey Georgie which is a stuffed monkey that he sleeps with.

• Thank you for the replies!  I also use just a small blanket (a little bigger than a receiving blanket).  He has that and a stuffed monkey in his crib. 

We go lots of blankets as gifts (many knitted or crocheted) and a couple quilts, so maybe I will bust those out in the fall when it starts to be cool again.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• E has a small fuzzy blanket and a quilt that came with his bedding set. I drape them both over the crib. Whenever I put him in the crib he pulls them both down and snuggles with them. Usually they're both smooshed in corners when he wakes up.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• We just started using blankets about 1-2 wks ago.  Prior to that, DS has always slept with a sleepsack and no blankets.  Now the fleece sleepsacks are too warm, and we are too cheap to buy him new cotton ones, so we just decided to do blankets.

We've been using the A&A muslin swaddle blankets. I lay it over him but he rolls around so much that it always in a ball next to him (or underneath) when I get him up. I don't think he really knows how to pull the blanket over him by himself.  Not an issue right now but when winter comes, he'll either need to learn how to use a blanket, or we may have to go back to sleepsacks?
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"