Pregnant after 35

Exahused All The Time! - 37, Due with #3 in Oct.

Hi Ladies, I am sure I felt tired with my last pregnancies but I don't remember it feeling like this. I am exaused all the time.  I have a Dr. appt next week and I am going to ask her aobut my iron etc. but I suspect the answer will be I need more sleep ;-)   I keep reading about how I am supposed to be feeling energized in the 2nd trimester... ya right!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Exahused All The Time! - 37, Due with #3 in Oct.

• QOTRQOTR member
    In hindsight, I did have more energy in 2nd tri.  But I think I didn't appreciate it until feeling really tired in 3rd again.  Good luck!

Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • I'm with @QOTR on this one. The 2nd tri was tiring but not unmanageable. The 3rd is knocking me out. Take care of yourself though, def worth a mention to the Doc
    Master of 'the look' 
  • Loading the player...
  • I could have written this post. 37 and due in nov. I took a 3 hour nap and there's wet laundry in my washer. Ugh
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Definitely worth mentioning to the Dr. I've been having iron injections, and it has helped me.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• I'm 36 and due in Nov. I just hit 14 weeks this week and I am actually feeling more tired now than I did during the 1st Tri. During the 1st tri I was dealing with major nausea and now dealing with major fatigue. I have literally closed my door at work several times this week and put my head on the desk. A couple other times I put some random piece of paper in front of me, and pretend to be reading but my eyes are really closed!! ...sigh

Always nice to know I'm not alone
  •  Same here.  Have been going to bed super early and still tired.  I hope it passes because Im so busy with work and my 2 other kids :)
  • I was EXHAUSTED every. damn. day of my last pregnancy-- and I was 38. People kept saying "I was never this tired when I was pregnant!" and my only response was "You weren't freaking 38-- you were 26!" 

You don't feel your age until something like this makes you realize that you are, indeed, no longer able to stay up until 3am and then get up at 6am with little difficulty. And at this age, if you're up because someone was puking at 3am, it's not because someone was partying too hard. LOL
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Also make sure you are drinking enough water! That made a difference for me!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• I did get a little reprieve from the fatigue in my second tri, but I am exhausted again now as I am about to enter third tri. 

I have been trying to listen to my body, and I just nap more (I am a freelancer who works from home, so I just adjust my schedule). If you are at work, can you at least find a spot to put up your feet for a few minutes each day? 

Water and exercise also seem to help me. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Thank you all laides, a little late replying but good to know I am not alone!  We just had a long weekend here in Canada so the extra day off of work seemed to have helped along with some naps and early to bed.  Doc checked my iron and it was fine so I guess this just comes with the territory!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was at a playdate with a member of my breastfeeding group this past Friday. The other mom is 22 and she was telling me about all the things she does after her 18 month old goes to bed and before she goes to bed at 2 am. I just looked at her and shook my head-- and she looked at me and said "Daniele: I'm 22. When you were 22, did you need 8 hours of sleep to function?" 

Good point, little lady. Good point. 

Don't beat yourself up or worry about it. Just get whatever sleep you can in between trips to the bathroom. 
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• I am 34 8w5d pregnant and I am SO extremely exaughsted all the time. This is my third baby but I was in my early twenties when I was pregnant with my two other babies. There is a lot to be said with how you body adapts when you get older I suppose :p
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"