April 2013 Moms

The smell

What are you guys doing with poopy diapers? Diaper pail..regular garbage..garbage can jut for diapers? I have tried all three and after the second day wen I open it to put a new one in the smell is HORRIFIC .

Re: The smell

• We use cloth, but if they're that stinky, I would ust take them straight outside instead of trashing them inside. Rhys usually only poops once a day, so it'dbe worth it to me to just walk that one diaper straight out to the trash.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Ya @pinottoparenthood‌ I suppose I Should do that the 2-4 x she poops a day
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We use cloth so it's not an issue. Did you all know that even with disposable diapers, you are supposed to put the poop in the toilet before throwing the diaper? I never would have known this but my friend works at the solid waste department.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have never put it in the diaper pail. Too much funk. We always put them in a WalMart bag. If the garbage needs to go out that day, I'll toss it in there. The WM bag actually really contains the smell. But if I just put a new bag in, I'll take it out to the can.
  • Shake it into the toilet before rolling up the diaper!

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • UberBizUberBiz member
    I put stink diapers in the kitchen garbage, which has a lid, and it gets taken out every night, so lingering stench isn't an issue. I have a garbage can in my room that I'll put pee diapers in, it doesn't get emptied as often, but with no poopy, it doesn't really stink.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • danuli8danuli8 member
    Our Diaper Genie contains the smell pretty well. It gets emptied every 3-4 days so poopy diapers don't sit too long.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Kate_CKate_C member

We use cloth so it's not an issue. Did you all know that even with disposable diapers, you are supposed to put the poop in the toilet before throwing the diaper? I never would have known this but my friend works at the solid waste department.

Actually I think most boxes of sposies tell you to flush the poop. Not that I ever have. Early confession?
  • danuli8 said:
    Our Diaper Genie contains the smell pretty well. It gets emptied every 3-4 days so poopy diapers don't sit too long.

Samesies.

• Kate_CKate_C member
    saxchloe said:

jenbee829 said:

I have never seen anyone flush poop from a disposable. Do people really do this? I am all about being green but that seems like a lot of work!

.....This reminds me of that time many months ago where a handful of people admitted to not recycling... It's not that much work.
    Hmm. While I kind of see your point, I don't think the two are comparable. How is my child's biodegradable poo worse for the environment than the plastic diaper containing it?
  • jthree said:
    I have never seen anyone flush poop from a disposable. Do people really do this? I am all about being green but that seems like a lot of work!
    .....This reminds me of that time many months ago where a handful of people admitted to not recycling... It's not that much work.
    But other than to prevent the smell, is there any real reason to flush the poo?

Landfills are not equipped for it because it is considered biohazardous waste. Fecal matter can contain viruses that seap into groundwater from landfills and contaminate water supplies. The instructions on diaper boxes generally say to flush poop, but no one does for some reason.

Ok I get that buuuuut...isn't there residual poop anyway? I mean, it's not like you can get all the poop off the diaper.

• Logan usually poops at night, so I use a disposable. I will tie it tight in a shopping bag. During the day he's in cloth and it gets dunked and put in a bucket in the bathroom.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• I have never put it in the diaper pail. Too much funk. We always put them in a WalMart bag. If the garbage needs to go out that day, I'll toss it in there. The WM bag actually really contains the smell. But if I just put a new bag in, I'll take it out to the can.
    What do you do if you don't have a walmart bag? Will target suffice?? ;)

:-? Hmmm.... Sure ;)
  • We use the A&H diaper pail in her room and the diaper genie downstairs - both contain the smell pretty well.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @hatroopes‌ I have the A&h one and it's awful smellin when I open it to put new diaper in
  • Those of us that cloth diaper get all the poop out, so clearly it can be done. ;) I'm not judging you if you don't - I'm just saying it's not as impossible as some are making it sound.

• Kate_CKate_C member
    knitfaced said:

Those of us that cloth diaper get all the poop out, so clearly it can be done. ;) I'm not judging you if you don't - I'm just saying it's not as impossible as some are making it sound.

I had to spray out my son's poop when we used cloth. It did not plop out or scrape out. You can't spray disposable.

Well maybe you could, but it would seem to defeat the purpose...
  • Kate_C said:

knitfaced said:

Those of us that cloth diaper get all the poop out, so clearly it can be done. ;) I'm not judging you if you don't - I'm just saying it's not as impossible as some are making it sound.

I had to spray out my son's poop when we used cloth. It did not plop out or scrape out. You can't spray disposable.

Well maybe you could, but it would seem to defeat the purpose...
    Yep. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"