May 2012 Moms

Wait, what did you say???

Now that our LOs are talking more, anyone have one of those unfortunate mispronunciation incidents yet? Here's my conversation with DD last night:

DD: The blocks went fu*k.
Me: Wait, what did you say?
DD: The blocks went fu*k, like the cars in the book.
Me: (Silent while racking my brain trying to figure this out)
DD: (Giggling) They went cwash, boom, fu*k! Cwash boom fu*k! Cwash boom fu*k!
Me: Thunk?? They went thunk??
DD: Yes, fu*k!
Me: Um, ok, let's clean up now......

Anyone else have a good one to share?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wait, what did you say???

• Ahhh I was talking to my mom over the phone and happened to say "holy shit mom"... well, you can guess what was repeated 50 times after that...  LOL
  • Mine, like many toddlers, cannot say truck. It keeps coming out with an "f" sound.
    Anyway, times this has been amusing:

* Trying to get kiddo's pjs on and having him shake his head and very seriously say while removing them, "No f'ing jammies, no f'ing jammies" (they were his truck pjs).

* Passing a line of trucks while on the way to work, having my window open to talk to security/hand over badge while kiddo is happily exclaiming about all the trucks he just saw by repeating the word truck over and over again. "I swear sir, he's just excited about all the trucks."

* Kiddo talking about dump trucks, since the "p" sound in dump is also left off...

There's also the word construction. We pass construction equipment on the way to daycare. Kiddo will be all excited about the "F*ck ton equipment". Alternatively it's "destruction equipment" which is equally hilarious to hear him say.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"