April 2013 Moms

S/O walking....

Who's still not walking? Mila has zero interest. She'll walk with her shopping cart all day, and cruises like a champ, but pretends to have jelly legs if we take her hands and try to get her to walk with us.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O walking....

• few steps by himself last night.  loves to hold on to our hands and navigate us around the house. just a matter of time.  my husband feels like he is never going to walk.  I told him to be careful what he wished for!

True! I am kind of worried Mila will start while H and I are gone and my mom will have to deal with the frantic first days of walking and all the bumps and bruises that go with it.

• That was us up until a couple of weeks ago.  Loves her push walker & shopping cart and will walk like a champ along furniture and while holding our hand(s).  She's still not using her feet as a main mode of tranportation, but has started to walk places instead of crawl. 

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

• Loading the player...
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    Nope, no walking here either. She just started going around furniture and will walk if we hold her hands, but not independently. I'm cool with that, as she's plenty fast with her crazy pirate scoot.
  • No walking here. Just cruising, and walking behind her walker.
  • It's the same for Brayden; he loves walking with his lion pusher and loves to hold our hands to navigate. He'll cruise on carpet only but otherwise he has no interest.

• Just made a poll! Rhys doesn't walk yet either. He completely collapses his knees when I let go of him, or he will lunge himself forward to try to reach for my hands. He fell on his face once when we were trying to get him to walk from daddy to me and I felt SO BAD!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • This makes me feel better...I felt like all the other April babies were walking!
  • saxchloe said:

@ChicagoBroad26‌ what about your older daughter? Was she walking at this age? I always wonder the difference in first and second child and personality!

My older one walked at 11.5 months. I'm surprised Mila hasn't yet, since she's determined to do EVERYTHING Ava does.

• He takes steps but still crawls most of the time. I've seen him take up to 10 independent steps, but he still prefers to crawl 95% of the time.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Will used to do this to us too. And when I say "used to" I literally mean about 3 weeks ago. Then he just decided, "okay, I'm going to walk now." and started walking between furniture. However, if we would try to get him to do it to us he would jelly leg again or fall forward to "tackle" us. Now, three weeks later, although still a little unstable, he walks all the time and uses it as his main mode of getting around.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • My DD isn't walking either. She gets so mad if I try to hold her hands and make her walk with me. She is so stubborn. She cruises and pushes toys and walks. I think she is lacking confidence. My son didn't walk until he was 14 months and I was worried as a FTM. Second time around I'm glad she isn't walking yet! ;-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD isn't walking yet either. She cruises and crawls like a pro. She did take a couple steps from the ottoman to Daddy a couple weeks ago, and has done one or two more since then, but the bravest she gets is walking holding on to one of our hands. 

DS was 13 months when he started walking. DD will be 13 months on Sunday. We'll see ...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • AisakAisak member
    No walking here either. Lots of pulling up and beginning to cruise but the bum scoot is the preferred mode of transportation. Apparently she crawled about 5 feet this afternoon (a first) but I missed it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"