January 2013 Moms

night terrors

Last night DS2 woke up at 11 and was screaming and thrashing around. I tried picking him up but he would scream and flail around. Nothing would calm him down, he was completely unresponsive to anything I said. It lasted about 20 min and then we gave him a small bottle of milk and he calmed down and went right to sleep. SO scary watching him and knowing nothing would help. I looked it up this morning and everything I read about night terrors described what went on last night. It's happened once before but wasn't as intense and didn't last as long. I hate that this may be an ongoing thing, I felt so helpless!!!

Anyone else's LO have them? 

I read in one article that it can be hereditary… my mom gets them sometimes too and I was a sleep walker. 
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: night terrors

• jobiannjobiann member
    Yikes, that would be scary. Sorry you had to go through that. I have no experience in night terrors yet.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• DS gets them too. They were really bad a week or two ago. He would wake up and just scream and flail around for an hour or two then go to sleep as if nothing was wrong. This lasted for about 5 nights straight. I did a little research and saw that one of the triggers is him being over-tired. We re-introduced his morning nap and made sure to stick to a strict nap schedule. He has been doing better.

You're right though! It's awful when it's happening because there's nothing you can do :(
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DD gets them. They happen more often when she is stressed or over tired. We go in and get her and rock her until her breathing changes which I was told shows the end of a sleep cycle and then we lay her back down.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"