High-Risk Pregnancy

Does reduced work hours now mean reduced time with babies post partum?

Sorry, this is my second post on this topic:
I live in MA and work for a large company. I am 36weeks with twins.
Doc just had me reduce my hours from 40/week to 20/week because I am so edematous and sore.
I contacted HR and was told this will come out of my FMLA time, but then a different HR person told me it would not come out of FMLA. She said its a totally "different bucket".
So does working reduced hours now, mean less time with my babies once they come??
Help, I am so confused! I want the full 14weeks post part im that I am entitled to.
Me:35,  DH: 39   
TTC since March 2011. All bloodword, SA & HSG are normal.  
8/12: Clomid & TI - BFN 
10/12: Colmid & TI - BFN 
3/13:  Clomid, Trigger & IUI - BFN 
4/13: Gonal F, Trigger & IUI: BFN  
6/13: IVF #1 (1AA blast & 1BB blast) = BFN 
8/13: FET #1= BFN
10/13: FET #2= BFP!!!

BabyFruit Ticker  image

Re: Does reduced work hours now mean reduced time with babies post partum?

• 14 weeks is a mistake. I meant 16 (that it the FMLA time allowed in MA for twins).
    Me:35,  DH: 39   
    TTC since March 2011. All bloodword, SA & HSG are normal.  
    8/12: Clomid & TI - BFN 
    10/12: Colmid & TI - BFN 
    3/13:  Clomid, Trigger & IUI - BFN 
    4/13: Gonal F, Trigger & IUI: BFN  
    6/13: IVF #1 (1AA blast & 1BB blast) = BFN 
    8/13: FET #1= BFN
    10/13: FET #2= BFP!!!

BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • jg1011jg1011 member
    For me, if I took time off prior to birth, it would come off of my FMLA time unless I went out on short term disability.
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Well you aren't away from work, you are just not working as much. Are you utilizing PTO or sick leave to off-set the hours you aren't there? 

That's what I had to do with my work. I am now out of PTO and sick leave. I have no disability and I don't qualify for FMLA because I am just shy of the 1 year requirement. I didn't lose my job but I'm not getting paid and I have to pay for COBRA since I am not logging any hours and therefore not entitled to employer contributions. It sucks but not much I can do.

I was under the assumption that you utilize FMLA when you are no longer able to work due to a medical condition. You are able to work, you just have restrictions. I personally don't see how that would fall under FMLA but then again, I don't work in HR and I'm not an expert. I would call again and ask to speak to a supervisor or manager who can better answer your question and take down their name/information. I hope that helps.

image    image    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"