June 2014 Moms
Options

MIL Vent

misscarter87misscarter87 member
edited May 2014 in June 2014 Moms
I gave birth (emergency c section) monday 4 weeks early to my baby boy 5.12.14 he was born at 825 am 4lbs 13 oz..this was very unexpected but i thank God i did get to the hospital when i did cuz doc said if i had waited for my ob appt with her that afternoon at 1 pm i would have gotten a seizure..i had pre e and my blood pressure was thru the roof..i had to stay in the hospital 4 days because of my blood pressure..i am so hurt that DH mom didnt come to visit the baby in the hospital or even after he & I got discharged on thursday..he called his mom monday soon after the birth to let her know the baby was just born &he was doing well..he didnt need to be in the NICU or anything. It just upsets me that he's a week old and she still hasnt come to visit him..called..or even texted us at all..she lives 10 minutes from us. His sister came visit us monday soon as she got the news that we had the baby..i was supposed to have my babyshower may 17th but since baby was born before that i had to make change of plans..we only have a few clothes items for him since he is a preemie so we are working on getting more things for him!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: MIL Vent

• Options
    lest12lest12 member

I'm sorry she is acting this way... but like @jmar2011 said, don't let it take away from what you're experiencing right now.  Focus on your little family unit!

I will share a little story if it makes you feel better.  My MIL is planning a vacation for the first week or so of June and he made no attempt to make plans for when she will come up (When I'm in the hospital?  Afterwards?  No mention of it).  It bothers me that she seems so nonchalant about the whole thing, especially for my husband's sake.  But whatever.  We can't control anyone else's actions, right?

image        image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pepper6Pepper6 member
    Not sure where you are going with this post, if it's just a vent or if you had a question, but either way I can understand being upset.  Just try to not let it get to you and enjoy your time with your LO.
  • Options
    Yes This is a mil vent of how im feeling right but thanks for everyone who did give advice on it it has been bothering me ever since i was in the hospital last week but i just tried to not think so much about it because i was trying to get better to get out but just hurts even more that we are home now &mil still hasnt came visit or even called us or anything smh but i will def just try not to dwell on it at all and just focus on my fam
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So this is your vent?  I'm not seeing a question so not sure what you are looking for in terms of responses.

Perhaps advice on capitalization and/or punctuation?
  • Options
    LKHoffaLKHoffa member
    Aww that sucks, but it's great that you and the baby are both so healthy and happy!
  • Options
    I'm sorry your feelings are hurt and this isn't what you want to hear but I would be overjoyed if my MIL didn't come around or call.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"