June 2014 Moms

Re: Cervix check in - dilation and effacing - week of May 19th

• Just got done at the doctor! A solid two centimeters dilated (last week was a generous one to two) and 50% effaced. Cervix is still way up there though.
  • Had an appt today. The nurse gave me a choice whether to get undressed or not. I didn't feel like it so I didn't get checked. I was checked a week ago and was closed up tight, so I doubt much has changed. It's whatevs!

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Baby is very very low. I am 1-2 cm with a "very thin and soft" cervix. I'm hoping baby will come at 39 weeks just like big sister.

Can't wait to see if I'm right (boy) or DH is (girl).
  • 37 weeks, 1.5cm dilated, 80% effaced, with baby at a -1 station! Eeeee!
  • 4 cm and I'm assuming around 80% effaced. I was 3 cm last week so stuff is apparently happening.
  • I'm sealed up tight and baby is still high. Was hoping for something but apparently baby is not ready yet!
    BFP 12/30/12...MC 1/13...TTC again 6/11/13...
    BFP #2 9/28/13....EDD 6/7/14

imagephoto 1a59b4ac-19a8-49a0-9708-9916e05c4da6_zps5a5904c3.jpgimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mhensley1991Mhensley1991 member
    edited May 2014
    35week appointment yesterday and with my GBS test she decided to check me just because and found out I'm 3cm dilated hoping to hit atleast the 36 week mark with LO!
  • I've been 3cm dilated and 90% effaced since 32w6d with the baby's head "right there". Sent to L&D to get a steroid shot for baby's lungs and during monitoring was having mild contractions every 3min that day. Went for the second shot the next day and have been on bedrest since. Dr said this baby isn't going to make it to term. Well, 35w5d and no change... Still 90-95%, very very thin and dilated to 3. Having mild contractions still but am crossing fingers I can make it to 38-39 weeks. We shall see!
  • 36 weeks tomorrow, I am 2cm dilated, -2 station and 50% effaced! 

• Can anyone help me with this %&%$(O*&^%#%(*( ticker???? I cannot seem to find the right code to save my life!

• I was 2cm at 35 weeks and then only 3cm at 37 weeks last week. Baby is still high. Dr won't even check me till 39 weeks but I get the joy of having hard contractions everyday and haven't dilated much at all.
    BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just found out I'm 2cm and 60% effaced. Ah! Please stay in babies!

• I am 35 weeks, 3 days. Baby boy has dropped and I am 50% aphased and 1 cm dialated.
  • Nothing yet, and now my formerly head down "super low" baby is either very high up or not head down anymore, so frustrating! Ultrasound today to see which one it is.
    DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

• Todays 37 week appointment: Very Posterior soft "maybe a 1" On a positive note, my OB said given my history of larger babies there is no need to go past 40weeks, so baby girl will be here by Tuesday June 10th (20 freaking days!!)if my body fails to progress at it has in the past! Excited to have a semi official date and know that I wont miss out on my daughters pre-k graduation that friday the 13th

#1 DD June 2009
    #2 DS July 2011
    #3 DD June
    CP December 2015
    M/C 8/2016
    Rainbow & Babe #4 EDD 7.28.18

• tdf2010tdf2010 member
    I was checked yesterday at 35w3d and I am 1 cm dilated. 

Started TTC #1 08/2010

BFP #1 12/14/2010 EDD 8/24/2011, D&C due to blighted ovum 01/27/2011

BFP #2 05/02/2011 EDD 1/10/2012, MC at 4W2D 05/04/2011

Diagnosed with homozygous C677T MTHFR - Lovenox shots while TTC

BFP #3 08/01/2011 EDD 04/07/2012, DD born 03/29/2012

Started TTC #2 12/2012 on Arixtra due to Lovenox/heparin allergy

BFP #1 03/19/2013 EDD 11/24/2013, MC at 5W 3/24/2013

June/July 2013 - Clomid 100 MG CD 5-9 + TI = BFN

July/August 2013 - Clomid 100 MG CD 5-9 + IUI = BFN

August/September 2013 - Femara 5 MG CD 3-7 + IUI = BFN

LMP 9/11 Unmedicated cycle - BFP 10/11, EDD 6/21/14 Born 6/2/14

~ All AL Welcome ~

• So exciting @Savvy122... good luck and keep us updated!
    DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

• 1.5 CM and 30%effaced. Doctor said see you Friday, unless you need me before!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• 1.5 CM and 30%effaced. Doctor said see you Friday, unless you need me before!!
    My doctor said this too and he's never seen or felt my cervix.

OH SHE FELT today.. I don't remember this sheesh being painful the last time..

BabyFetus Ticker

• LKHoffaLKHoffa member
    2-3 cm dialated, 80% effaced, cervix "in position," baby's head super low- Midwife says my cervix is "ripe" for birth whenever labor starts! (Way to make it sound like a banana!)

Because I'm GBS+ and because I'm "ripe" lol, both midwives at my practice have thrown around comments like "if you make it to 39 or 40 weeks, we can induce if you want" in a pretty laid back tone. I really didn't think I'd want to be induced unless there was more of a medical need. We'll see! Anyone else getting these kinds of comments?
  • Pepper6Pepper6 member
    Just had my first cervical check at 36+6. Soft, but still closed.

On a side note, anyone else have a bit of bleeding after check?
  • k318k318 member
    1 cm and "long"
    Whatever that means
    Ob thinks I will be pregnant for another week or two. Great guess esp since I'm 37w1d now..
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • LKHoffaLKHoffa member
    @BrightEyes112 -yeah, that was the only reason. It surprised me that they seemed so laid back about induction (I've also heard it sucks, which makes sense since you're forcing your body to do something it doesn't want to!) that I wasn't sure if that was a trend other people are seeing in their practices. 
  • @LKHoffa‌ an induction isn't that bad if your body is close to being ready. Your doctor can gauge it based on the Bishop's score table. It takes into account the baby's position, dilation, effacement and the condition of the cervix.
    If the mother is GBS+ the ideal situation is that she will get at least 4 hours of antibiotics via IV.
  • LKHoffa said:

2-3 cm dialated, 80% effaced, cervix "in position," baby's head super low- Midwife says my cervix is "ripe" for birth whenever labor starts! (Way to make it sound like a banana!)

Because I'm GBS+ and because I'm "ripe" lol, both midwives at my practice have thrown around comments like "if you make it to 39 or 40 weeks, we can induce if you want" in a pretty laid back tone. I really didn't think I'd want to be induced unless there was more of a medical need. We'll see! Anyone else getting these kinds of comments?
    Not GBS+ but yes my dr told me last week she would induce me at 39 weeks if I wanted. My last induction (which was necessary) went very smooth.
  • jc51206jc51206 member
    About 2.5 cm and 50% yet...but saw a different doc this time, whose hands/fingers are bigger, so who knows!  But he said it was nice and soft and any progress shows signs of moving in the right direction.
  • Had my first internal check today, not very pleasant, but she said I was 2 cm. 
  • Just got back from my appointment...

1.5cm, 60%, and -2

So up .5cm and 10% from my 36 week appt.....yay?

She also stripped my membranes...DH was laughing the whole time (apparently I married a 5 year old) and then he got super freaked out when I stood up there was blood and fluid on the table. Yuck.

BabyName Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Checked for the 1st time today at 38 weeks and I'm 1 cm and 50% effaced. Dr said she could feel the baby's head and that things are progressing great for a 1st pregnancy. She anticipates the baby will be her on or by her due date.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 38 weeks. 75 % effaced. 1 cm dilated.
  • The outside of the cervix dialates first according to a nurse I spoke with this the differences in measurements .
  • Appt today @ 35w5d, cervix is soft, baby is head down and low, but no dilation. Still contracting a lot ranging from 7-20 minutes apart. I'm off procardia but still on 17p. Doc is guessing lo is gong to be 8lbs+ but thinks we'll make it to 37-38 .
    ****Siggy Warning****

IVF Cycle #1 - 4/06/2013 -3dt of 2 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFN 
    IVF Cycle #2 - 7/18/2013- 3dt of 3 embryos.Froze one 3AA 6 Day Blast! - BFN
    IVF Cycle #3 - 9/15/2013 - 3dt of 4 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFP!!!
    10/7 - +HPT - Beta #1 10/10 - 72, Beta#2 10/14 - 518,Harmony 21 @ 12 weeks shows one very healthy little BOY!!

imageimage

• Today @ 36w, dilated to 1, 50% effaced! minus 1 station. She doesn't think I'll make it to our due date
    Married my Sweetie 8/21/04
    BFP 10/8/2013
    Miss Camryn Marie arrived 6/20/2014

• vv826vv826 member
    Appt yesterday 35 wks 1 day and still high and closed
  • Appointment yesterday - 4cm dilated and completely effaced!! Doc says my membranes are very tense and rigid which makes him think that my water will break. He said it could be anytime and probably before Monday! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"