April 2014 Moms
Options

It won't be like this for long

This song goes through my head every time we have a bad night or DD won't sleep. The hard times won't be around forever ladies. :)https://youtu.be/y5zCaRaJ-kE
First we had you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

Re: It won't be like this for long

• Options
    Good reminder!!! I look at my 11,9 and 6 year olds and barely remember them being newborns, it does go incredibly fast, even the hardest days will pass...eventually ;)
  • Options
    Good reminder!!! I look at my 11,9 and 6 year olds and barely remember them being newborns, it does go incredibly fast, even the hardest days will pass...eventually ;)

Exactly. My DS is five now and I swear, it was like I blinked and he turned five.
    First we had you.

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard this song several times but never since my daughter has been born. I'll probably cry if I listen to it, so I'm not going to! But I know that I can definitely relate. :)
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    Yeah I definitely did cry! Even after hearing that song many times before. It really hits home now.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We'll now my mascara is running ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KM0715KM0715 member
    This was literally my mantra for the first two weeks. I kept singing it in my head whenever things were really bad..

• Options
    I can't even listen to this song right now!!! I am crying just thinking of the lyrics.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#1 BFP 26/May/2013 EDD 27/Jan/2014 MC at 5 weeks, 2 days 
    #2 BFP 04/Aug/2013 EDD April 18th, 2014. Baby M born May 2, 2014.

• Options
    spano41spano41 member
    I Keep thinking of this song too! I feel so bad for not enjoying this newborn phase more because DD has so many health issues and I'm so stressed about it all. I keep wishing that it was September already when things will be get easier for our family. This Is a good reminder that 1) I can get through this because it won't last forever and 2) I should TRY to enjoy it because I will never get this time back.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the reminder. I can't say I'm enjoying life right now with a newborn and toddler!!
  • Options
    BRBR member
    I've actually never heard this song before. It's very sweet. Thanks.
  • Options
    I just love this. Heard it before,
    Total different meaning now :)

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    Oh great, now I'm bawling my eyes out as I sit on my couch cuddling my newborn while waiting for my 17 year old (who I've had so many struggles with lately) to arrive from school. What a beautiful song. Sometimes we need that reminder that things will be okay and to cherish this time with our little ones. It goes by very fast.
  • Options
    hlm184hlm184 member
    KM0715 said:
    This was literally my mantra for the first two weeks. I kept singing it in my head whenever things were really bad..
    I did exactly the same thing!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've never heard this song before, but I googled the lyrics and I am sitting here crying my eyes out. Love Darius Rucker too.

I find myself wishing for the summer when hopefully my DD's colic goes away, but then I get upset because every day that passes is a day she won't be this little any more and that makes me sad. So when she isn't screaming or fussing sometimes I'll just stare at her and take her all in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"